Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

YouTube Red

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by Mrcooldude10, Oct 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

If you haven't heard of YouTube Red then here's a link to the website, go check it out.

youtube.com/red

The gist of what it is, is that it's essentially going to be a $9.99 monthly subscription to YouTube for:

ad free videos,
    the ability to download videos for offline viewing,
    and some exclusive shows.
    venturebeat.com/2015/10/21/scare-pewdiepie-is-youtube-reds-exclusive-reality-show/

Does anyone see themselves paying for this once it comes out?

2. FallenKnight

FallenKnight
    Expand Collapse

I don't plan on subscribing anytime soon but I can see the video download feature being very appealing to the less savvy users who don't know about the many websites/add-ons to accomplish that as I get asked all the time about how to do that.

3. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

Nope and here are my quick reasons:

1) Ads don't annoy me that much.

2) I'm always online anyways so no need for offline viewing.

3) I can't think of any exclusive show I'd want to watch, and the example of any of Pewdiepie's content turning sub based is not an appeal.

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I'm a no for now as well, nothing really appeals to me but given that YouTube is a large platform I can definitely see them offering some other exclusive shows in the future that might entice more people kind of how Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu all have their own exclusive content.

5. KGear49

KGear49
    Expand Collapse

I'm just too cheap to pay. I guess if I really use it hardcore and the ads got really intrusive I would consider it.

6. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I'm already paying subscriptions to Netflix, Crunchyroll, and Vessel soon once my free year runs out -___-'

If I watched a lot more Youtube regularly than I do now, I think I'd consider subscribing. But the few channels that I main are supported through Patreon and are ad-free, anyway :p

7. DatDude

DatDude
    Expand Collapse

Lately I've seen more ads for it while browsing YouTube and looked at the perks again when I noticed the offline viewing. It's probably the only tempting feature for me.