Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Your Gaming Rig!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ZackKoutaRoxas, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I didn't find a thread on this after a quick search.
    [hr]

SHOW OF YOUR GAMING PC!

I'm sure some of us here are PC gamers, and I'm sure some of us here have some sort of gaming PC that's like a daughter to us. Or a lover, depends on who you are,,, and what you're into.​
    If you've bought one, built one, or upgraded one, why not share it here with the rest of us so that we can all admire our glorious spending together, and justify our actions by saying "Oh okay, other people are doing it, too!"​
    Workstations can also apply, of course. And don't feel inadequate if your PC is top of the line and cost thousands of dollars, it's just for fun, and perhaps also for learning from others.​

I'll start off with mine. I recently built myself a decent gaming PC. I plan on upgrading soon for further performance, and for other heavy load work, such as video editing, rendering, and some physics stuff.
    For now, here's what I got:

[​IMG]

Specs: PC Part Picker or read here:

NZXT Phantom 410 Black Edition.
    Asus Maximus VII Hero ATX.
    Intel Core i7-4790k @4.0 GHz. (Quad-core with hyperthreading)
    Arctic Freezer i30 CO Extreme CPU Heatsick (@320 Watt cooling power)
    EVGA GeForece GTX 760 SC ACX 2GB GDDR5.
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz.
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx with Desktop Control Module.
    TP-Link dual band wireless 2.4GHz/5.0GHz @ 450 Mbps.
    WD 1 TB Blue HDD.
    LG Blu-ray r/w.
    2x NZXT AF120mm White LED

All powered by a Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w Semi-Modular.

Here's some explanation:

• I chose the Phantom 410 for two reasons, it fits everything I intend on getting, and I just really like it. Plenty of cable management space, it's sexy, front panel door, fan controller, and some air filters. The side panels and the rest of the case are a sliiiiiiiiiiiiightly different shade of black, but it doesn't bug me, especially since I'm usually in the dark.
    • I chose the 4790k because, at the time, it was the best priced high end i7 CPU with decent TDP, turbo boost up to 4.5 GHZ, and because I wanted it to be future proof for a while.
    • The GTX 760 for one reason, budget. My plan for this build is either a dual GTX 960 setting, or a single 980. Or, if I get this job I'm going after, a frickin' Titan x or z! Buuuuuuuuuut I found a 760 for a damn good price, and needed money elsewhere at the time, and it's been working great so far.
    • I know I know, "But Zack! No SSD?!". I actually have one coming soon. I didn't get one because I honestly wasn't aware of the ridiculous performance difference. I also didn't think I'd need more than 1 TB immediately. I was wrong. So my storage setting will soon be changing to a 500GB Samsung SSD, and possibly a second 1 TB HDD in RAID with my current one.
    • I buy Blu-ray movies and music albums regularly. There, I said it.
    • The Phantom 410 case comes with 3 pre-installed fans. A 120mm intake at the front, a 120mm exhaust at the back, and a 140mm something at the top (I actually can't remember lol). I added a second intake at the front, and an exhaust on the side panel for the GPU.
    • 1000w because, as I mentioned, I plan on getting much more demanding GPUs, a capture card, and possibly a liquid cooler later. (I'm only using ~400w right now)
    • I also got a Rosewill Multi-in-1 connector and a Cosmos PC Case Drawer, which I highly recommend checking out!
    Well, that's about it for me. I realize it's a little dusty, I plan on thoroughly cleaning it when I replace the fan controller here soon. It's been working out great for me! It's run everything I've thrown at it no problem. I played The Evil Within recently maxed at 1080p and 60+FPS, with the GPU only reaching temps as high as 70c.

So what do you guys think? If you have any questions do ask. And please share your stuff. Your post doesn't need to be as detailed as mine :p But passion and discussion is always appreciated!

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Nice rig, the only thing that's probably better in my setup is the fact that I have a projector :p

Don't have my gaming desktop anymore, just my laptop which is OK for playing most non-demanding games on medium or low settings in some cases with a NVIDIA GT 630M, 8GB of RAM, and a Intel i5 2.5 GHz processor. Hoping to upgrade by next year.

3. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Cool thanks! :p I might invest in a projector,,, one day *looks to the sky hopefully*

You should get that desktop back, man! The laptop I had before building this had a decent AMD APU, but no graphics card, so I generally only played smaller games on it. Torchlight II was as far as I pushed that laptop.