Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Where Do You See the Future of Video Games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by FrodoSwaggins, Feb 25, 2014.

1. FrodoSwaggins

FrodoSwaggins
    Expand Collapse

Was reading a pretty funny article this morning, about 5 different ways the future of video games could go. one of which reminded me of the Darkest Timeline from Community. Interesting and pretty funny read, but what do you guys think? Are consoles dead? Does virtual reality take over? Where will our favorite hobby be in 30 years?

http://thenerdybomb.com/video-game/video-game-futures/

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I liked the segment about CEAptivated.

I don't think consoles will be dead but as we shift towards portability, I think the mobile/handheld gaming market will be much bigger. I speculate that VR will probably be much more polished as well although I'm not sure if it'll take over completely.

3. amalager

amalager
    Expand Collapse

+1 on this. Consoles are having a hard time while the activity of portables are really becoming active this past years. Major thing I don't like on consoles is the pricey game. It's much better if the game is online or if you can just pay and download it instead of paying extra for the disc and casing.

4. silvia11

silvia11
    Expand Collapse

It all depends on how far in future you mean.
    Apart from that. Yes, I also think there should be more online games, no matter how good graphics and gameplay are, it is tone more interesting playing with living people.