Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Whats your favorite game/ Least favorite game?

Discussion in 'Gamer Lounge' started by Space, Jan 28, 2014.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@CouchPals aside from the Street series and "fake" sports, I'm generally not fond of sport titles either. I will play them occasionally though because several of my friends like them and own a few titles due to PSN+. However, I avoid Madden and MLB whenever possible as I'm horrible at those in particular lol. With FIFA and NBA I can at least lose somewhat honorably depending on how hardcore my opponent is.

2. Bladex2

Bladex2
    Expand Collapse

Sports titles are always pretty bad, but there are some games that just make me want to commit self-mutilation. PS1 was a great system for terrible games, with Pitball 2020 and Aquanaut's Holiday being two of the worst games I've ever played. Pitball 2020 was the first game that I've ever taken out, placed on the floor, and stomped on--not in a tantrum way, mind you, but in an earnest attempt to rid the world of the horror.

Basically, Pitball tried taking the ancient Mayan hoop-ball game, adding in aliens and cyborgs and mutants, and then making the controls completely unresponsive and incoherent. I remember trying to play the game and not being able to make sense of anything that was happening, then proceeding to turn on AI controls, then shaking my head in disbelief as even the AI couldn't understand how to play. You know your game is bad when even the CPU can't figure it out. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played, and I invested my total concentration and about 10 minutes in insuring that the disc was broken and unplayable before throwing it in the trash. It only cost about 10 cents at GameStop back in 2006 when I bought it, anyway.

Aquanaut's Holiday is just a non-game. The graphics are horrible, and there's absolutely nothing to do except swim around underwater and look at things. Not as bad as Pitball, but still atrocious.

3. KGear49

KGear49
    Expand Collapse

I think if I wasn't a sports fan, I would avoid Madden and MLB games completely since there is no alternatives. NBA2K games I generally like because of all the different modes and RPG like features.

4. KGear49

KGear49
    Expand Collapse

Just only listing my current favorites and least fave as it's just too difficult to choose from all time favorites.

:) - Metal Gear Solid V. Making it more sandbox and open world definitely added the replay value of the game.
    :mad: - Minecraft. I honestly don't get the hype. Played it, got all the achievements and did so much more but it bores me.

5. Upside

Upside
    Expand Collapse

Favorite:GTA V
    Least Favorite:Call of Duty MW3