Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

What OS is on your phone?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by GaMeR, Oct 14, 2015.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

My first smart phone was a Windows Mobile device and eventually migrated to Android and haven't looked back since. Although I'm not much of an Apple person, I will admit that iPhones have tempted me in the more recent years but in the end, once I start doing comparisons with similarly priced Android devices, I can't justify switching over.

I am also surprised that BlackBerry is still in the market although I have yet to actually see anyone with any of their newer devices...I imagine it's probably for the hardcore fans who don't care about downloading a bunch of apps.

2. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently using a Windows Phone myself, think whatever you want about the app store, personally I've found more than enough fun apps, but the user interface on the Windows Phone is by far my favorite out of any phone on the market.

Also regarding BlackBerry, the company's CEO John Chen has been publicly saying for a little while now that he is willing to kill of their phone development side of things due to drastically lowered sales. It's really not that shocking though since, like you said, when do you ever see any one with a Blackberry?

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah I think they might have to go with the "Sega route" which means either creating actual apps or even developing phone accessories which might sound odd at first but given their background with mobile devices, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to migrate over to either aspect of the business.

4. DatDude

DatDude
    Expand Collapse

I'm an Android dude right now. Happy with it but wish I was more geeky as all the stuff I read about rooted phones makes me feel like I'm missing out :(

5. KGear49

KGear49
    Expand Collapse

I started with Apple from the beginning but recently switch to Android last year. I couldn't deal with all the upgrades and surprisingly it was not all that difficult to accept the new change and learn a new platform.

6. CanadianSmash

CanadianSmash
    Expand Collapse

Cyanogen Mod

7. arkness

arkness
    Expand Collapse

I have a Android as I don't like Apple.

8. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I don't mind the iOS interface and to some extent, things are much more consistent on that platform as when you start using different Android phones, things aren't quite the same but I've yet to be blown away when I start to compare an iPhone with the Android "equivalent".

9. arkness

arkness
    Expand Collapse

I was just never very big on apple things.