Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

What is the best console?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BananaLumps, Feb 9, 2009.

?

What is the best console?

1. Ps2

7.8%
  2. Ps3

15.6%
  3. Xbox

1.1%
  4. Xbox 360

42.2%
  5. Wii

3.3%
  6. Pc

26.7%
  7. GameCube

3.3%
  1. BananaLumps

BananaLumps
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

What really is the best console?

Vote in the poll and then explain why you chose what you did and explain why you didnt choose the others.

Help me find the ultimate console.[hr]
    I am going to have to say Xbox 360.
    Why?
    Well, it is the cheapest out of the new consoles and sure its not as good as Ps3 but i just cant afford it.
    Wii is basiclly the same price but it is hardlly a gaming console it is more a family entertainment center.
    Xbox and Ps2 are good but not good enough.
    And as for pc, theresa just to much time and money that needs to be put into upgrading to keep up with the games.

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I grew up with Playstation and PS2 so I will go PS2 only because it holds my favorite game series on it... .HACKGU! Plus for its time it was the best console around.

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

While the PS2 was awesome for it's time, Xbox Live is just too good to put down at the moment so I had to vote for the 360..

4. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Xbox Live for the win. (i.e XBox 360)..

I've never actually OWNED a PS2.. I've borrowed one, and enjoyed what games I played on it.. But for starters, I'm not fond of the controllers..

5. jookie

jookie
    Expand Collapse

Current gen - Xbox 360 for sure. Wii is fun, but there isn't much to keep me interested. PS3's are cool, but I don't need a bluray player, and most of its exclusives aren't for me (GoW3 being the only exception).

Last gen - PS2. It just led the market pretty much.

But my all time favorite would have to be the SNES because I grew up with it. I bought 3 total games on that console (Kirby's Dreamland 3, Super Mario World, and Street Fighter 2 Turbo) and only borrowed Mega Man X, so really got to play the games to the fullest.

6. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I am a retro gamer but I grew up when SNES was the best but I love playing games I played when I was litte. I own a SNES, N64, PS2, PC, and XB360. I am getting a Free PS3 from my friend because he hates it so I get to play MGS4 :D

But it all fairness its a tie between PS2 and XB360 because I am still a teen so I can't really say retro gaming but I do love but I say PS2 is kinda old because look at what the world has evolved into. Look at freakin Mirrors Edge and Gears 2. Amazing Graphics, but on the other hand I have never played a game that has the amazing story that PS2 has.

PS2 > XB360 > N64 > SNES

7. Flak

Flak
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I voted PC. I really enjoy my Xbox 360, loved my PlayStation 1 & 2, but the PC is the real winner. Free online (unless you play WoW-crack), infinite library of games, the best graphics (yeah it costs some money but hey), and the mouse and keyboard in addition to pretty much all the same input methods of consoles. I may own a few FPS's for the 360, but it annoys the crap out of me that I can't plug in a USB mouse and keyboard to play. It really wouldn't hurt anybody, especially if Microsoft programmed something in to let you map Xbox specific buttons to the mouse/keyboard. Clicking the mouse wheel could be the guide button. It's genius! Maybe with the next Xbox (which I probably will use the money I would have purchased it with to buy a beefy PC to play the next Crysis).

8. G0dzuki

G0dzuki
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

i didnt think pc was considered a console... lol. but i chose pc out of those. but my if its personal opinion then i would have to say either genesis or dreamcast.

9. Deadpool

Deadpool
    Expand Collapse

I can't answer because it is not on the list. My choice would have been NES. 800+ retro games, heck yeah.

10. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

@ Side_Scroll'R - It's more of a "What's the best gaming platform" thread I'm assuming...

PC gaming is fun at times.. However I've never really gotten that into it... Gimme a 360 controller any day and I'm happy.

11. Wesleym

Wesleym
    Expand Collapse

Same here. I bought a new computer so I could game on it, got some games on it(Orange Box, F.E.A.R., Battlefield and some more) but never got fully into it. Only game I really got into on pc was World of Warcraft :p

Anyways, I have to say Xbox 360. I don't like the Playstation's controller and the Wii turned out to be a gimmick for me. Also, Xbox Live is a really good cheap service.

12. Corleon

Corleon
    Expand Collapse

Voted for Wii/Nintendo for purely gameplay.

13. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ Corleon, while the Wii does provide fun gameplay that's usually only when it's played with some other people offline. So as far as offline multiplayer goes, the Wii might be superior to that of the 360/PS3 depending on your "party game" preference. However, I don't think it can surpass either of them in pure single player nor overall as online play is kickass, especially on Xbox Live.

14. Deadpool

Deadpool
    Expand Collapse

That is mostly true, but I have seen evidence of Wii's true online potential. They just are using it yet. On Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 has seamless gameplay. Even when it has slight lag, it doesn't last. And usually you find someone in about 20 seconds.

15. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

But in most of the popular Xbox Live games, you can find a party of 16 people in about 20 seconds..

16. Corleon

Corleon
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you guys, but Nintendo has yet to learn how to improve their online capability. Microsoft on the other hand has lots of experience in terms of online experience. Above this, I still prefer Wii as a console and I'd rather play online with my PC.

17. Dr Goatmilk

Dr Goatmilk
    Expand Collapse

Haha. I'm the one tool that said PS3.

I have my reasons though. I DO NOT DISLIKE, HATE, OR DISPROVE of XBox. Nor am I a fanboy of any console.

I got the Xbox when it came out (more like three months after it came out, stupid Gamestop) because I never owned the first gen Xbox.

My Xbox has given me a ton of greif by locking up during games with the old "The (brand freaking new) Disk is Unreadable. Please wipe with a cloth and try again. Sorry bout your data." error. Even through all of that, I refuse to dislike it. But my PS3 has never crapped out on me during any game ever.

That minor little thing is the only reason I vote one over the other.

18. Ye New Noob

Ye New Noob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Xbox 360 ftw.

19. DarkTang

DarkTang
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, PC can't be seen as a console, because it can do so much more than that. It's almost like a super console if you have a good one. But I went with 360 for the better games it has in my opinion. Even though Microsoft may be the gayest company alive.

20. Deadpool

Deadpool
    Expand Collapse

Well PC is not a console at all. It is more of mainframe.