Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Video Game Trading

Discussion in 'Gamer Lounge' started by GaMeR, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

ah... Touchè...

2. PWN_Games

PWN_Games
    Expand Collapse

From Security Reasons Are You Sure This Is Safe? Because another gaming site did this and the website had to go down because there was 12 scams i dont think this is safe

- Dont kick me out of the site/ or band me cuz its true.

-Thanks

3. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    I make messes :x
    Heroic

Well it's definitely not illegal to offer to trade - Gamer did put the disclaimer up so it really is at your own risk...

A lot of our members have been here since the forum started however so we have a good bond between the majority of us - but it's always good to be careful..

Why would you get banned? You brought up a good point but I can tell you we monitor it like crazy to make sure you guys are protected..

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

As Specktren pointed out, the disclaimer is there for a reason.

With that said, I'd wait until you're more established on the site before engaging in a trade and to only trade with another established member as most scammers are new members who don't care if they get banned. You should also never trade expensive items, best to use eBay or Craigslist for that kind of stuff.

5. LordUlric

LordUlric
    Expand Collapse

Its safe as long as you do buisness with people you know and respected in the community. Non the less you always take a risk i did online gaming account sales (crossfire,soldierfront,rohan,league of legends) as well as accoun farming and ranking. It did great i mean it paid for my ps3 collection 0% my ps2 collection beast airsoft and nice cloths i needed.
    Tho i also took big losses on big orders due to paypal chargebacks. (even from long time members)

That being said just make sure you know the person that you are trading/buying/selling to and from. After all anyone could say anything online do another 5 minutes later. I would suggest using paypal tho this way players could simply buy games cause paypal will require a tracking number to ensure the game does come to the buyer encase of scam attempts. With a tracking number even if a user claims fraud it shows it did go to the shipping address of the paypal address and ruled in your favor ( on the cons about dealing virtual items cant use tracking info :( )

So with games and physical items its must easier to not be scammed through paypal and much safer for buyers all around :p so i would recommend only trading with people you trust personally :p

Maybe hell the site could take donations from players this way if someone is scammed and able to show they was scammed the donations could go to refurbishment for the player scammed. That would be something i would most odds maybe donate to :p

(also due to sites being closed for scam a forum will not be taken offline due to a single ban when i was on dxt a user scammed over 50 online gaming accounts that being said you are simplying bullshiting that matter :p also its a trade at your own risk being the hosting company + owner of the site and staff are not responsible :p GG)

6. mattmatt386

mattmatt386
    Expand Collapse

well if your gonna pay some one for the game just have them put it up on ebay and give the person who wants it the link so then its more safe

7. LordUlric

LordUlric
    Expand Collapse

Looking for kingdom hearts (ps2) Looking for one cheaper then ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-Sony-PlayStation-2-2002-/260797216005?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cb8b9b505#ht_500wt_1156 could get em between 6-7$ anyone wana sell one for like 5$? eve without case and booklet long as game itself works. Mine broke and need replacement cause wana do a play through will use paypal so this way no risk of being scamed being paypal covers physical items encase some one trys to scam :p lol

Also looking for naruto ultimate ninja strom 2 (ps3) if price is low enough i may buy it :p
    (no trades only cause people could steal the game for trade easily)

Ebay works to :D

8. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

'Nuff said =] Though I haven't met anyone on this forum personally, as GaMeR said, Most of us have been here for a while, so it's all good :p

9. kingcron

kingcron
    Expand Collapse

Hoping the moderator doesn't get mad at me for this as i'm just a fellow gamer trying to help ya'll out. This site makes trading your games safe. No worrying about bootleg copies or scratched discs. Plus right now it's 100% free.

10. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Well, I wasn't exactly sure where to put this seeing as it isn't a trade, but I'm not about to make a whole new thread for it either so I suppose this'll do :p

Anyway, I've got 2 steam coupons I don't need, 33% off Foul Play and 25% off Volgarr the Viking. So if anyone's planning on buying either of these just holler and you can have the coupon.

11. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

By the sounds of it, everyone and their dogs got those coupons lol. Well at least I and a good number of my friends have.

12. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Lol, I thought it would've been pretty weird if I was the only one to get them. Well I'm not about to use 'em anyway so in case anyone didn't get them here they are :p

13. Void_Knight

Void_Knight
    Expand Collapse
    kek i was spotted pls
    Veteran

Anyone have Happy Moon, for PS2?

14. Nerd House

Nerd House
    Expand Collapse

Wanting to trade:

Kid Icarus: Uprising (NA)
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (NA)

for
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf (NA)

15. Nerd House

Nerd House
    Expand Collapse

Bump because I feel like it! Really want this game rofl.

16. dx4

dx4
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hello there~

On steam:
    I got borderlands 2

I want to trade it with arma II : complete (pretty rare these days)

If anyone is interested let me know.

17. sergeiantonov

sergeiantonov
    Expand Collapse

Hounds!!!!

Hi everyone! My brother and I were surfing on the Internet and we came across a game name. We just thought that it was another typical TPS game. However we were so bored that we decided to try the game. I think that was a really good decision to make, because we have immediately become addicted to this game. The name of the game is Hounds: The Last Hope. The game is actually a role playing shooter game and there are PVP and PVE modes, which is called COOP in the game. PVP mode is played against other players as we all know, but its missions are too exciting. PVE mode is more exciting because you are fighting against zombies and zombie like monsters during really thrilling missions. We are afraid sometimes because the music and graphics of the game are really good.

I think you should definitely try this game. In order to play the game you can visit: http://www.houndsonline.com/en .