Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Tribes Ascend

Discussion in 'Computer Games' started by SKOZZOKONZ, May 25, 2011.

1. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

So then next installment in the Tribes series is in the works and I have to say I havnt been this excited about a game it ages (possibly since age of empires 2). By the looks of the Website Diamond Sword will be one of the main tribes which makes me extremely happy.

The Developer says they want it to be the modern sucessor to tribes 2 which might just be the best thing that could happen ever.

http://kotaku.com/5800264/strap-on-a-jetpack-its-time-to-look-at-the-new-tribes-game/gallery/?tag=tribesascend

2. BananaLumps

BananaLumps
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Never heard of this game before now but i just watched a Tribes gameplay vid and i reckon an updated version would be awesome, will give this a shot when its out :)

3. Lazarus_Grimm

Lazarus_Grimm
    Expand Collapse

I used to play the hell out of Aerial Assault, if this one's as good as AA, I'm stoked.

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

It looks like it won't cost too much either as it's slated for a XBLA/PC release so I'm guessing somewhere between $15-$20 which isn't bad at all for this type of game.

It's been years since I've played Tribes though, only have tried whichever version was free. Might give it another shot one of these days as this time my rig won't hiccup at all.

5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1178865p1.html#disqus_thread

I am unsure about this. Depending on which tribes game they model this after it could either be really good or really bad. I reall dont like how they say that there will noly be 2 weapons carryable now either, if I cant have a spinfusoron every loadout I will be pissed.

6. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Omg look at those visuals:
    [​IMG]

I won't lie, Tribes multiplayer was probably some of the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer and I am SO freaking pumped for this. It being free just adds to it a little bit, but I probably would have been completely fine with paying for the game... I think I might *cough*download*cough* some of the previous tribes games for some pre-fun. And fall 2011? So only a few months away.. Can't freaking wait.

7. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Me neither, though the only tribes game that really works on windows 7 if thats what you have is tribes vengeance, though tribes next may have got their shit together to rework tribes 2.

http://tvdl.maloxtv.com/revengeance/ - Tribes V
    http://www.tribesnext.com/ - Tribes 2

Be aware that even if tribes 2 download works, its still buggy as shit since the game was coded retardedly and makes corrupted copies of files that it later refers to instead of the original file. The FAQ section on their forum will help you out on how to deal with it.

8. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Closed beta started a week ago.. Aaaaaaaaaand BOOYAH!

[​IMG]

9. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

So Jelly.

10. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

This game is freaking amazing btw. I'm still pretty bad/average at it, but getting the hang of the playstyle again. It's a bit difficult sometimes when I come against some people who either have payed or played non stop for their new class. But overall fun as all hell.

11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

How did you get beta? Did you just sign up or did you get given a key through a giveaway?

12. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I signed up for beta a while ago. And I luckily got in. You can still sign up for the beta in hopes of getting in if you haven't already. Just lie a little bit about your experience :p

Also, I reinstalled it since I've been crashing so much lately and haven't been able to play one of the maps because it always crashes once it starts. But it's working like a charm now. And I swear to god, listening to techno somehow makes me awesome at the game.. I don't even really like techno.

13. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Raider SMG is the new bane of my existence... It has crazy good accuracy at long/medium range.. People keep trying to justify it by saying it's weak.. Yeah, it's weak.. But it shoots a helluva lot of bullets, so it all adds up..

Game seems to be getting a lot more players who pay for VIP access to the beta (i.e. they can unlock 2-3 classes straight off the bat.) and it's a bit much for someone like me, who just got accepted and didn't receive any bonuses, to handle.

14. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Man I really want into this game.

15. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

http://www.gamesradar.com/tribes-ascend-closed-beta-key-giveaway/

I will probably end up caving in a buying the pre-order pack on my next paycheck.

EDIT: I havnt had this much fucking fun in ages, I cant wait for more content. Only complaints is that unlocking new classes will be hella slow without spending money and tribes gold is a bit overpriced when compared to things like riot points in my opinion.

16. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

What's your name on it Skizz? I'm Aryon in it obviously. I'll assume you play on the Oceania servers?

17. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

SkizzikNZ and yeah Oceania server.

18. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I joined the game Skizz was playing and played for a little bit after that too. Found out I am awesome at defending. Got 20 kills, 5 deaths, and a whole lot of repairing done in one match.

I honestly didn't know there were repair guns on the walls.. I thought you had to be a technician in order to repair. Made me happy to find out otherwise.

19. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

You did? I didnt see you. :( But yeah the repair guns are real, I didnt know where they were until I read a hirez forum post.

Also in that game was one of the scumbags of the old tribes vengeance community.

20. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I only joined towards the end of the match on Drydock.

I never got into the old Tribes community. Never had the internet until well after I'd played any Tribes games. But I'm definitely seeing a bunch of regular players, probably a good chance he's a dude I already don't like lol.