Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Toy Soldiers Contest!

Discussion in 'News & Feedback' started by GaMeR, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

We're giving away a XBLA redeemable code for Toy Soldiers to one lucky gamer! I've been playing it recently and can vouch for it's awesomeness, taking out the Tsar tank which was shown in the demo was highly satisfying. I'll also be posting up a review soon to let you know my final thoughts on it.
    [​IMG]

Getting back to the contest, to earn an entry just state which historic military figure you think would make a cool guest appearance in the game and a brief explanation as to why (no racist/offensive remarks).

The winner will be selected via a randomizer. Also, to reward our active members, whoever has at least 50 posts and has been a member of the forum for at least 2 months will have their entry count twice.

The code should be redeemable wherever the game's trial is available. For more information about the game go HERE.

Rules & regulations:
    - In order to enter this contest you must have at least 5 non-spam posts excluding the reply made in this thread (the entry itself).
    - All entries must be submitted by the deadline which is: April 1, 2010 11:59 PM US EST.
    - The winner will be contacted via PM and will have 48 hours to respond to that message in order to redeem their prize. If the prize is not redeemed on time, another participant will be awarded the prize. The next participant is subject to the same terms.
    - Cheating attempts will result in not only disqualification but a permanent ban, so no dup. accounts etc.
    - The deadline along with other details may be adjusted at our sole discretion.

If you don't win, remember that you can grab it off the marketplace for 1200 MSP. Special thanks to the XBLA community manager for making this possible.

2. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Erwin Rommel. Awesome general and from what I have read if he hadnt gotten sick and had been supplied properly africa would have belonged to germany straight up.

3. Senial43

Senial43
    Expand Collapse

Genghis Khan. Do you really have to ask why he would be cool in this game? He had the largest contiguous empire in history. Maybe the wrong time period but it would be fun to shoot at his troops with a heavy machine gun. =)

4. CharlieYJH

CharlieYJH
    Expand Collapse

Napoleon was the first person that came into my mind. Being a great military leader, it seems perfect for this game. He could even be a boss, who knows?

5. BitLooter

BitLooter
    Expand Collapse

Can I count the 300 Spartan warriors? Because that would be awesome.

"Their arrows will block out the sun!"
    "Then we shall fight in the shade."

6. Bowdellt

Bowdellt
    Expand Collapse

I had a civil war class and I always thought that this dude had the coolest name, the only reason he didn't go further in military was that he didn't attack a retreating confederate force. He was one of the greatest organizers of the civil war and since has been called the reason the union army was as strong as they were.
    His name... Don Carlos Buell

7. Ye New Noob

Ye New Noob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I would love to see Ulysses S Grant , due to his extrodinary intelligance in combat , and also his skill is warfare. He would be an extremely powerful and intelligent military officer and one hell of a threat to whoever goes aganist him.

8. disabled7239

disabled7239
    Expand Collapse

Loved the demo. I should really post more here.

9. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ Izod517, while you have enough posts to enter the contest, you need to state which historic military figure you'd like to see and why in order to get an entry. Once you've done that, you'll have a shot at winning Toy Soldiers.

10. Raikoh

Raikoh
    Expand Collapse

Going to go a bit old school here, but Julius Caesar would make a great guest, he could have a special chariot unit with a spear man at each side. I've been studying up on him recently on my humanities class, and he seemed to be quite a great military commander.

He defeated many armies, including the one at Gaul (present day France) and eventually took complete power of Rome for himself, with the roman people naming him dictator for life (of course, he was assassinated later, but it doesn't disqualify his achievements).

He is famous for uttering "I came, I saw, I conquered", or "veni, vidi, vici" in the original language.

This is a cool little line from an article I was reading "In 56 B.C., Caesar crossed the English Channel and invaded Britain with a fleet of eight hundred ships. Not until nearly two thousand years later at the height of World War II, would such a large armada again be assembled in the Channel. "

11. firecloud134

firecloud134
    Expand Collapse

i didnt play the demo but seen videos of it seems pretty cool. hope i win

12. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ Raikoh, the entry itself is fine but you need 5 additional posts for it to count as stated by the requirements.

@ firecloud134, read what I said to Izod517.

13. Ub3rSlug

Ub3rSlug
    Expand Collapse

My vote is for Genghis Khan. Doesn't fit with the time period, but he'd still be a fun historical figure to play as in Toy Soliders!

Maybe they'll make some DLC? :p

14. firecloud134

firecloud134
    Expand Collapse

@GaMeR
    you need to state which historic military figure you'd like to see and why in order to get an entry.

ummmm i dont know , so i guess im out

15. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Well you can just pick any and put something simple like "they're cool etc." it doesn't have to be long or anything as your entry won't be judged on that...Just Google a list of historic military figures, could even pick someone like George Washington lol.

16. 99HeadHunter99

99HeadHunter99
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to choose William Tecumseh Sherman, general in the Union Army during the Civil War. I'm choosing him because he was a total badass and he had the policy of Total warfare, his army lead a path of destruction into the south. They looted towns for supplies then destroyed anything that "directly supported the war effort or the institution of slavery", they even bent railway rails around trees.

17. BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee
    Expand Collapse

While I think Grant is one of the more interesting ones put forth so far, I have to say I'm surprised no one has said Alexander the Great... the man who cried when he had nothing left to conquer! So I think he gets my vote for rather obvious reasons.

18. bdavid81

bdavid81
    Expand Collapse

Might as well enter for a chance, thanks. :)

Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet, having to manage strategies to take down Adolf Hitler would feel like a great accomplishment.

19. Playing Mantis

Playing Mantis
    Expand Collapse

George S. Patton

It would be funny to see him slapping the plastic soldiers around, and he was also a tank genius (outclassed Rommel in Africa).

20. disabled7239

disabled7239
    Expand Collapse

Fail Izzy Fail! - I'd like to meet Hannibal - one of the few people to actually take a formidable stand against the Romans - that and using elephants is AWESOME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.