Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

The Recent Purchase Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer Lounge' started by DeathNoteL, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Oh yes lol Streams and plays just about any and every PC game you want :)

"[font=DINPro, Helvetica, Arial]The SHIELD portable and tablet double as powerful, standalone game consoles when connected to your TV and paired with wireless controllers. Play the latest PC titles at up to 1080p and 60 FPS on the big screen, or invite friends over for multiplayer co-op play."[/font] 

Was lounging on my couch playing Witcher 3 last 3 week :p

2. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ehhh, yea for the most part.

4. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

just make sure it doesn't catch on fire :)

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

So did you guys snag anything good for Black Friday? I just got a few accessories, clothes, and furniture.

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I don't Black Friday shop, but I did just get myself a Logitech G700s mouse.

I have been using this generic, 3 button mouse for yearssssss now:

[​IMG]

And to be honest, the mouse actually is pretty decent. But I didn't know notice how.... unresponsive and laggy it could be until I started playing HoTS.

So I started the search! I didn't even specifically want a gaming mouse.... just something more responsive than what I was using. I don't need to pay $160 for 50 million programmable buttons and all of that other crap that I don't know how people use anyway lol Just needed something responsive, adjustable dpi, wired/wireless options, scroll button and preferably 2 side buttons and something *small* and lightweight. That was it. I searched forever and it seems like I couldn't find anything exactly like what I wanted. Everything was either super simple or super complex or was missing one or two of the features I wanted. So I ended up with the Logitech G700s:
    [​IMG]

It's a *bit* heavier and larger than I'd like, but I think that was unavoidable. So far, it's pretty sweet :)

7. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@Mizel I see what you did there with the image dimensions...that new mouse is definitely bigger :p

8. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

LOL If I find a large image I'm going to be using on the forum, I almost always pop the image into Imgur and shrink it before I post it. But I was feeling way too lazy xD

9. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

@Mizel G700s is bomb, man! I've been using one for over a year now. Perfect size and weight for me, and the DPI options and presets that you can create is my favorite thing about it.

Also, convenient that I can use the same software for it and for my G19 keyboard.

10. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Oh man, I love the software! Super easy to customize everything, especially with the keyboard :)

I just wish my damn settings didn't need to be updated every time a damn game updates/releases patches :p

11. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Finally bought Shadow of Mordor(along with a couple DLCs), was looking through some of the clearance stuff at an electronics store and found it for $10(NZD, so about $7 US)! Wanted to play it for a while too, gives me an excuse now.

12. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I looooooooooove that game :)

13. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

So far it's great! Not very far yet, but I can tell the story is getting good, and I'm already in love with the combat.

14. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I put a lot of hours into that game and was still never bored. Moved onto Witcher 3, but kept my save file for SoM because I know I'll go back and "finish" (aka kill more orcs) eventually :p

Actually, also purchased (damn you non-legit copy of 8!) and upgraded to Win10 this weekend. And aside from W3, the only other 2 save files I transferred over were SoM and Kingdoms of Amalur (<3 KoA so much too).

15. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

16. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I was tempted to get that but ended up buying the Logitech F710 instead as it was much cheaper (due to a BF sale).

Still on my wishlist though.

17. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yea, we've been eyeing them up for awhile. We didn't need new controllers because we already have plenty, but got some Xmas cash and decided to put it towards these.

I have to say, they are really nice. I thought that maybe they were just overrated because Steam.... but I'm really impressed. They are really responsive - they are comfy, laid out well. I am happy :)

18. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

@Mizel, Was it weird at first to adjust to the pad where the analog stick is normally, or was it fairly intuitive?

Just curious because I still can't fully wrap my mind around it.

Mizel likes this.
  19. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I had the same concern before buying it! I had initially gotten just one for my husband so that I could hold it and feel it and see how it responded because I didn't want to buy one and then not like it. Honestly, I was super skeptical about the controller and didn't think I'd like it - but man, it didn't even take any adjusting. The right pad is just so... easy and responsive that you don't even know you're missing a stick. It also has vibrating feedback and makes noises... kind of like haptic keyboard stuff cell phones do? I dunno, I really thought that part was cool :p

Edit: Oh, also! The Steam integration is phenomenal. It's lighter than I thought (not good or bad, just an observation). And the back part where the batteries go in are also back bumper button things. I don't know how to explain it - but it's nifty and also has buttons that pop the batteries out. Friggin' genius! ^_^

[​IMG]

But yea - took no adjusting. Love it. :)

[​IMG]

#1499 Mizel, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  20. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

Well now that I've seen this I might seriously consider getting one now. I'm honestly kinda' surprised that the pad just fit right in the place of an analog stick, but I suppose Steam wouldn't waste time and money on a bad idea with the track record they have as a developer. Steam integration would also be a nice bonus since mapping all my games to a controller to a generic controller through Joy2Key does get tedious after a while.