Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

The [Br]eaking [Ba]d Thread

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by Voscillate, Sep 7, 2013.

1. PinkGalaxies

PinkGalaxies
    Expand Collapse

I bought the whole series for my parents as a Christmas gift. I was mad that they named the last season The Final Season instead of Season 6. I had a small issue finding the DVD because it wasn't in stores, but I eventually found it online when a light bulb went off over my head. Ding!

I told my mom I was going to have her wear a custom made shirt with her name, Walt, chemical equipment, and it saying "let's cook." She wasn't amused. xD

2. CanadianSmash

CanadianSmash
    Expand Collapse

Any one here like breaking bad, this is the discussion thread.

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Merged thread.

Anyway, I actually never got around to finishing it, same with Better Call Saul. Might do so sometime this winter.

4. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ugh... if anyone hasn't heard yet, BB is coming back.

Why can't they let anything die with pride these days, seriously? Show ended? Make a spin-off! Movie did well? Better make 5 sequels! Game did well? Better release a same "new" game every year! Just because something didn't well doesn't mean we need to keep it going. Is this something that has been getting increasingly worse over the years or am I just imagining things? :p

5. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

Well @Mizel, considering that Hollywood has been taking the last books in popular series and managing to split them into two movies instead of just one since only a bit ago, I'd say you're right on the money.

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

But *sometimes* that's okay to do. Like for example, the Harry Potter movies? Seven was a BIG book with a looooot going on. Making it two movies was a good decision, imo. However, The Hobbit? Absolutely did not need to be 3 movies (even though I enjoyed the movies).

But man, trying to cash in even more on a show that already ran for 5 seasons AND already has it's own spin-off show? Ugh, ridonk.

7. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

True, but I feel like if a movie does have a lot going on and you don't think that it'll all fit in a 90 minute run time, than just make a longer movie. I mean how often do movies longer than 2 hours come out? Not frequently enough to justify the new fad of splitting conclusive novels into two movies. I know people don't want to sit for hours watching movies all the time, but in the case of the Harry Potter movie, if they had just combined the two movies into one I don't think fans would have been deterred from seeing it because of the run time.

#47 Mrcooldude10, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015