Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Techie Tips Thread

Discussion in 'Technology' started by GaMeR, Feb 18, 2016.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

It seems like a good chunk of us here are also interested in tech, so figured it would be good to share some quick discoveries.

So I've had a projector for a while and was kind of disappointed that it didn't have component input (or so I thought, will get to this in a bit) as not every device I have supports HDMI although most do fortunately. Thus I often had to hook up some things to the TV (such as the classic Wii). It did however, have a VGA port. So while researching another projector I learned that some projectors will in fact support component input through the VGA port with a special inexpensive cable. I bought it a while ago but kind of forgot about it until today when I was sorting through one of my drawers. I gave it a go and it worked!

For anyone curious, the cable is called a HD15 to Component RCA Breakout Cable Adapter - M/F.

2. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

That's really good to know! Thanks for the tip!

Here's my tip for the day: If a product says "GAMER" on it with an intense font; probably overpriced lol