Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Suicide Squad Trailer

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by GaMeR, Jul 14, 2015.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I thought the Batman v Superman trailer looked very promising but with this one on the other hand, I'm a bit skeptical:

Obviously it's going to be hard to top the previous Joker but even that aside, the other characters don't seem very refined to me. Also, Batman looks very cheesy unless it's supposed to be some sort of fake vigilante?

#1 GaMeR, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I haven't seen it, yet, obviously; but I think the trailer could've been better. All they showed off is any other group of unlikelies movie; except with the Suicide Squad characters.

3. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

Don't like judging movies by their trailers.

Looks good though!

4. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

i saw this a couple of days ago, looks ok. it will a netflix or torrent download for me i think

5. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I will only watch the movie in theatres if the movie is like the trailer. (Which I loved). Though the the same thing happened with Avengers Age of Ultron. The whole Ultron being creepy and the superheroes facing both emotional and physical problems. Society collapsing. Everything is fear,and we wanted to see how they heroes would beat Ultron. Then when it was released it was nothing like the trailer. Not a single line from it was there. Ultron was as creepy and dangerous as a spaztic SJW. The only character who had any real emotional problems was Bruce Banner. Oh, and Black Widow trying to make sure that Ultron didnt burn off here makeup.

I really hope this does not go the same way. I mean I am so bad at interpreting trailers I thought Jack & Jill was going to be a okay movie. Dear god was I wrong. It was awful!

6. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Almost out!

Hoping to watch it later in the month.

7. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I'm going to see it Saturday just for sh*ts and giggles because I have a feeling it's going to be really, really bad lol

To be honest, everything looks great about this movie EXCEPT Jared Leto as the Joker. I think that's going to ruin the entire thing. I'm not going to let that stop me from seeing it though. I hate when people complain about superhero movie casting and then just never see the movie. I mean, look at how many people thought Affleck was going to make a crap Batman, and then totally changed their minds? Same with Heath Ledger and his joker - no one expected him to have been so amazing, but low and behold he was.

It's just going to be really hard to get past the Juggalo with a grill version of the Joker -__-

That Margot Robbie as Harley though... I think that was a great cast. She looks like she'll be the best part of the whole movie.

8. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

I think suicide squad will be interesting, DC movies has always been dark and with literally no humor. While this seems riddled with dark comedy. I'm actually looking forward towards it.

9. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Totally agree - Marvel always does humor, DC never does. The fact that this looks like it will be full of dark humor is one of the things I am most excited about.

Edit: Apparently the movie is getting really, really bad reviews and fans are trying to shut down Rotten Tomatoes? lolwut Reviews are worse than Batman v Superman got. Man, people just don't realize that bad reviews are entirely common for superhero movies - critics just don't seem to enjoy or understand them. People really need to get over early superhero movie reviews and calm themselves lol Once real people, and not just critics, start seeing the movie - the reviews/approval rating will be much higher.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-tomatoes-following-bad-reviews-a7169446.html

#9 Mizel, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  10. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

I like how the reviewers think this will be a drama with well thought out characters with deep motivations. And not just the gang of crazy nutjobs these probably are. I mean, we have a guy named "captain Boomerang". comedy and over the top action is literally the only thing I expect from this movie. XD

11. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Exactly. And from what I could gather, all of the negative reviews are based on the movie "being poorly written." I don't think SS was ever meant to be this amazing Oscar winning movie with a deeply emotional, moving and profound story. It's an action movie and most good action movies have a crap story! lol