Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by Lttp, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Lttp

Lttp
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Star wars has always inspired me, I love it like a brother.

How do you feel?

2. Rhys-Lightspark

Rhys-Lightspark
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

You know I've never been as addicted as you (Being a lover of the 'Ye olde' variety of fiction) but I really do love those movies, and speaking of Star Wars in a gaming forum... Force Unleashed, should rock out loud

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Well I'm not a big fan of the series, but for the most part I enjoyed the films I did see.

I of course saw the first film, but can't recall which of the other ones I saw at the moment. When I saw the first one I was amazed though, as at the time I wasn't too familiar with space related films and the whole concept appealed to me, especially the light saber.

4. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I like the original trilogy.

The 3 newer ones suck out loud.

5. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I like the lot of 'em.

Only problem I've got is (and I know I'm kinda disregarding the whole "fiction" thing) with the lightsabers. Sure they're cool and all but it is impossible to stop "light" (if thats what it is) at such a short distance if the "light" were to be that powerful. If you get my meaning.

Now I don't usually sit down and think about things like that, but it kind of just struck me one day that it didn't make sense.

Oh well.. Stilll... Great movies. :p

6. Lttp

Lttp
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I disagree.
    I Love the new movies, because i never expected them to be like the original.
    The original's have many differant themes and character Ideas, Being much more uplifting( excluding Empire strikes back)

The new trilogy was to show that vader was supposed to be a tragic character, and to that purpose they suceed. I'm not saying that there as good as the originals, But there still great movies.
    I love Revenge of the sith. It is a masterpiece of science fiction and Drama.
    That is not debatable with me.

Also, the lightsaber "blade" is made by a very tight loop of highly focused energy, possibly a loop of plasma contained in a strong magnetic or other field which compresses the circular loop so much that it looks like a cylindrical bar.

7. G0dzuki

G0dzuki
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

i like star wars but im dont worship them like the really big fans lol. and i might get alot of crap for this by some ppl but i actually am a bigger star trek fan.

8. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

But for it to stop so suddenly, even with a magnetic force behind it, it would have to be extremely stronger than the force that is containing it in a cylindrical shape. So even if it were possible to stop such a force, it would not be able to stop so suddenly.. it would kinda become less "dense" as it went.

Not at all, I myself like star trek. (probably not as much as star wars) And my dad is probably one of the biggest trekkie watchers I've seen. I'm not saying he goes around collecting action figures and all, but he really loves the series... Anyway, I myself really like Stargate over both together.

9. Lttp

Lttp
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

To retract the blade they just stop the energy.
    Like turning off a light switch turns out a light.

10. G0dzuki

G0dzuki
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

the light sabers are made out of crystals or something like that, and vader has artificial ones, thats why his saber shorts out in ep 4 a new hope. also before luke came along, they had to hold down a button the whole time to keep the saber on, but luke made his own so he had a switch on it... at least thats what the books say.

11. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yeah, with the addition of the books, comics, games, ext, the Star Wars storyline gets WAY to complicated for my tastes. Original trilogy for me, thanks.

12. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I don't mean to retract it.... I mean for the beam itself to stop at that distance, not turning off.

13. Lttp

Lttp
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Its all prety complicated, doesnt really make sense

14. ch4ot1c

ch4ot1c
    Expand Collapse

You're making this a lot more complicated then it needs to be.. It's NOT REAL. lol

15. Lttp

Lttp
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Heh.
    Star wars pwns.

16. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

Lightsabers ARC!
    Then energy is bent over backward back to the Hilt, And the lightsaber has a receptor to recycle energy, so it doesn't burn power if it is not in contact with anything.

As for the buttons, it was preference, buttons acted as a killswitch, if the Jedi lost his saber, it would switch off, safer that way.
    By the way, I like Star Wars.
    And Star Trek, Voyager FTW!

17. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

whatever.. It was just a comment...

Back to the REAL point. Which movie is your favourite?

18. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Anything except the 3 newer garbage movies. The recent 3 were just cashing in on the money that new Star Wars movies would inevetably make.

I dunno, I saw the original 3 at a young age, and the simplicity and fantasy in the old 3 were just perfect. The newer 3 try to take it in another direction, turning over all these Geo-political stones and stuff, it just ruins the series for me, to be honest.

Although Episode 3 was probably the best of the 3 new ones. Episodes 1 and 2 were fucking HORRIBLE in my opinion, however.

Of the 3 Originals, hmm, probably the Empire Strikes Back.

19. oneillz8o8

oneillz8o8
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I've never ever gotten into it. Never ever watched an entire movie of it.

ALTHOUGH I have played a Star Wars game on the N64 and it was as worse as that Pilot game.

It just never appealed to me and it still doesn't.

20. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Well, IMO it is hard to make a judgment without actually watching it, so if you get the time, why don't you sit down and maybe watch one? You never know, you might end up liking it.