Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Sonic Generations

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Cheker32, Jul 18, 2013.

?

What did you think of my first review? (Answer after reading)

1. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fair enough

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cheker32

Cheker32
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, first and maybe last user review, since i'm that kind of person that has tons of projects but never finishes them. Please don't cut my balls off.

[​IMG]

Sonic Generations is meant to be the celebration of Sonic's 20th anniversary, and features, well, Sonic, with his current design and the old design as playable characters. The villain is a creature tamed by both Eggmans (past and present) that can manipulate time and space. The two Sonics eventually meet up in a time-space paradox and start working together. The player gets to play in remakes of stages from the past 20 years of Sonic games.

So... the story is okay, and just okay because time travelling is becoming an overused subject in stories. When it comes to gameplay, you get to use Modern Sonic in both 3D and 2D style (mostly 3D) and Classic Sonic in 2D.

The Modern (i'm going to refer to them just with these terms from now on) has what we all Sonic fans love - speed. Stable gameplay and all, but his Super transformation is completly useless in this game. Not only does it burn too many rings, it's actually slower than while in the normal state, and if you boost you start flying most probably out of course and it burns all your rings in a flash, so you can forget Modern Super.

The Classic is horrible, normal or super, and if you are as used to the old games such as Sonic 3 as I am, then you most probably agree with me. It just...doesn't feel right, confortable, like it used to. Classic Super, as opposed to Modern Super, is worth using. You get a speed boost (you don't say!) and at least you don't fly out of course.

In an overall way, this game gets a 7/10. Nice try SEGA, but you screwed up the Classic Sonic gameplay too much...

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I've been wanting to pick this up, liked what I saw in the demo and based off what you said, it's kind of what I expected aside from the retro part. A bit disappointed there as you would think they would have focused a lot on that portion to please the hardcore fans that have been there from the start as although I've played several of the 3D Sonic games, I will always relate to Sonic's 2D form.

3. Cheker32

Cheker32
    Expand Collapse

What I felt while playing the game was something like "hooray gonna go with modern sonic" and then when i'm done "crap, now i gotta play with classic"