Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

ROBLOX Review

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Void_Knight, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Void_Knight

Void_Knight
    Expand Collapse
    kek i was spotted pls
    Veteran

Name: Roblox
    Platform: PC, IPHONE3+ (Soon Android)
    Released: 2004 (Dev Mode 2004 Actually released 2005-06)
    Price: Free (Unless you buy Robux or Builders club)
    Used Count: 5-9M+
    Type: MMORPG,Social,Action,Simulation...etc

About the Game;
    Roblox was released 2004 in developers mode, it had one or two features, soon by 2006 it gained over 20,000 users and a catalog and they started the ROBLOX Corp. Soon in 2008 they released new features and escalated a lot. 2010 was the end of the good old times told by many users, and 1/4th of them quit because of the "OD's" Online daters, 2012 the site has gained over a million of users, new features and new building tools, 2013 the site has reached its peak of development. 2014 (to come) they will release the android app and they will make more and more robux hats and other dev's soon the site will become a pay-to-play in the next 5-10 years.

ROBLOX the Site
    The site of roblox is the start, all the users have to do is register then they began their addicting journey, the new users start by playing a couple games and see if they like the game, and if they think it runs fine and all they will soon buy builders club the most popular currently is OBC, when they buy this they usually start with $1,000RBX and that is a fair amount, and my last Day of BC I had over 45kRBX so it was easy for me. But when users get all of that new gear, they usually create a game or group (will talk more about that in my review)
    [​IMG]

Playing the Games
    During your time on roblox you either play games or design your character, run a group, or forum. Most users play games, now to play a game on roblox and make it run smoothly you need a pretty good graphics card, I mean I'm not talking Arma good but it has to be good. And playing games isn't hard you just go to a game that you would think would be for you then click play... but if your in a military group like FEAR, you may go to a base and defend. But playing games isn't all you can also build games, to build a good game you need scripting (Lua) skills and a really good graphics card.

Groups
    In roblox you may want to run a Advanced builders club or make a fan group or even make a highly trained military, well now you can in 2007 they released that feature and the first group "Staff" was created. The first largest military currently is FEAR,Vortex Security, and USM those 3 are most common, in these groups you make a name and description. And you can now add ranks and make items 'just' for your group. More features to come.

Catalog and Currency
    In roblox there is currency and items, when you are a regular non-paying member you get 10tixs a day and usually you can never buy anything I think that is a rip-off but they have to make money. But in these features you earn currency then you pay for items like hats to make your character look cool or tough.

Overall Rating: 4/5
    (Isn't as good as the older version)

2. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I loved this game but now it sucks like all games that obvisouly arent huge so they add dumb stuff to get more people.

3. Void_Knight

Void_Knight
    Expand Collapse
    kek i was spotted pls
    Veteran

I like the older version , I just get on there to forum honestly.