Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Random in Random!

Discussion in '/random' started by Mizel, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I often hear people that aren't from the US say how friendly people in the south are - which always blows my mind haha

I try to be friendly though! I always smile at people in passing, try to strike up conversations (if the person is okay with it obviously haha) - made jokes and small talk. Life's too short to be a grump :/

The one thing I can't stand however is people that don't understand personal space. Like when you're waiting in line and someone is so close to you that you can feel their breath on the back of your neck O_O

2. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

Its been warm here, dont know how much exactly but around 80 degrees. And about people being friendly or not is probably more about where you come from. Swedes are often described as silent and cold when being with strangers. So that might be it.

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@Paecmaker since you're on vacation you're probably not buying groceries as often but I'm sure you've visited the supermarket a few times already, do you find vegetables and fruits to be more expensive here? As I at least found such things to be priced more affordably in EU, in fact, just got back from the supermarket and guess I looked at the wrong price mark because when I checked my receipt I was shocked that it was much higher than I expected until I saw that the grapes I bought were $3.99/lb!

4. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

$3.99 FOR GRAPES? WHAT THE HELL

5. Void_Knight

Void_Knight
    Expand Collapse
    kek i was spotted pls
    Veteran

6. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

Havent really thought about it, but those grapes seems expensive. And the thing that the tax is not always displayed is quite annoying when shopping. Not mentioning tips at restaurants. lol

7. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah....also another difference I recently remembered is not having to pay for public restrooms in the US whereas in EU it's pretty common to have to pay to use them from my understanding although I did see the benefit of it as generally they were much cleaner and less loitering around them. Same with water fountains which we take for granted.

8. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

There is one thing Ive been wondering. How do "normal"people have breakfast in the us. The hotel breakfast is minimal with basically just toast and cereal. But there are breakfast restaurants everywhere and then its massive breakfasts with bagels. Bacon. Egg . Pancakes and more. Just wondering, what is normal breakfast here?

Another funny thing is how the stores are similar,yet so different. So we went to a store named Vons and there were so many different choices. And the cakes,I have never seen cakes like that before. It was just amazing.

I also love how much more common nerdy shops and stuff actually are. At home they are really rare and the stock is low, here it feels like every city got a hot topic store atleast.

#5328 Paecmaker, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  9. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

*Casually sits in the UK* Its getting stale here.

10. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

So I'm back home now. And got a new computer at that :D

11. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I brin g you life.

12. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

lol, so Trump did won. That actually surprised me. :p

So, does anyone here play battlefield 1?

I personally think it's beyond awesome :D

13. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

I was/am interested, but my PC is officially not up to modern games. I'll confess its the first multiplayer FPS that's made me care in a minute.

14. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Regarding Trump, wasn't too happy with Hilary either. Let's see what he cranks out, hopefully his more radical claims were just to win over the more extreme supporters rather than things he will actually implement.

On another note, been inactive as I am in Central America at the moment teaching English.

@The Dr0w Ranger good to hear from you.

15. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

Sounds like my feelings, I don't much care for Trump but I had ever so slightly stronger misgivings about Hillary. I voted 3rd party in the end because even with my slight preference I really couldn't vote *for* either of them.

Anyone here do any woodworking? I'm working on building a bed frame and restoring a table I found in what little unspent free time I can muster.

16. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Makes me sick to my stomach. Between the two candidates, the choice was blatantly freaking obvious to me. But, in my humble opinion, we don't need a misogynistic, xenophobic, bigot that denies climate change, is PRO net neutrality, has absolutely no real political experience, no real policies that literally thinks it's okay to sexually harass women. Like, are people not hearing him say the same things I am? I feel like I'm taking freaking crazy pills. A man that admitted that he sexually harasses women because he's rich and he can just got elected to be president of our country and people are actually okay with that?? Not even okay with that, actually voted for him. Disgusting. There is no other word I can use to describe him as a person and the fact that votes were actually cast for him.

To top it off, Trump + Republican House AND Senate? I genuinely fear the next 4 years. I am not being dramatic. I am not overreacting. I want my country to move forward, not backwards.

Anyyyyyyyway... I genuinely thought Battlefield 1 was the first Battlefield lol I was so confused when I heard people were playing it. Like... why are people so excited over an old game?? xD

17. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

GG Mizel, GG xD

18. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

hey, it's not my fault they chose to name the games confusingly! :p

19. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

Not that confusing :p

They could have called it battlefield 1915 but that doesn't really sound as good. XD

On another note, what is it that makes it so entertaining to watch soldiers just fooling around, especially if they have like gas masks?

20. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

What about the XBOX ONe though, that's just as confusing