Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Possible Idea: post limit to posting threads.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by SKOZZOKONZ, Jul 25, 2012.

1. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I dont know if this exists already, its been a long time since I was new new, but perhaps it might be an idea to put a limit on posting threads for new members until they have a certain amount of ordinary posts (10 or so perhaps). This would (hopefully) cut down on the number of duplicate threads since people would have to go find threads rather than posting their own. and stop any bots that get through the system from making ad threads straight up.

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I have considered this in the past due to the reasons that you mentioned, especially spam in particular, however at times it can be annoying for legitimate members who's best course of action may be indeed a new thread.

I think on the much larger forums it's a must but on here, at least for the time being, it wouldn't be wise just yet although I may implement it with a more reasonable limit of say 3 posts or so which should be easy enough if that person really needs to post a legit thread such as to ask a question and whatnot.

However, I will reconsider my original thoughts as despite spam not being too bad, it's still a burden for all and I definitely agree that it could help combat it a bit more.

3. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Speaking of spam.

4. oldskoolgaymer

oldskoolgaymer
    Expand Collapse

:lol: That was too perfect. Makes you wonder if it was done on purpose.

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Did I miss something?

6. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Someone had posted a few posts that sounded informative, and looked like they wanted to link some links, but every single one had no links.