Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Ophidian Wars: Opac's Journey Contest!

Discussion in 'News & Feedback' started by GaMeR, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

[​IMG]

It's been a while since our last contest but fear not, as the free game festivity is back!

We're currently giving away 2 codes for Ophidian Wars: Opac's Journey (Xbox Live Indie Games) which can be won by two lucky gamers.

To earn an entry simply reply to this thread stating one of your favorite Xbox Live Indie Games and/or Xbox Live Arcade titles so far.

Check out the trailer for more info on the game and get the trial to see it in action for yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6M9uvlRtQ

If you'd like an additional entry, become our fan on Facebook or if you're already fan, help us identify you by replying to our wall post mentioning the contest by stating your forum username on there. Go HERE to do this.

Winners will be selected via randomizer and can only win ONE code each.

The code(s) should be redeemable wherever the game's trial is available.

Rules & regulations:
    - In order to enter this contest you must have at least 5 non-spam posts excluding the reply made in this thread (the entry itself).
    - All entries must be submitted by the deadline which is: August 8, 2010 11:59 PM US EST.
    - The winner will be contacted via PM and will have 48 hours to respond to that message in order to redeem their prize. If the prize is not redeemed on time, another participant will be awarded the prize. The next participant is subject to the same terms.
    - Cheating attempts will result in not only disqualification but a permanent ban, so no dup. accounts etc.
    - The deadline along with other details may be adjusted at our sole discretion.

If you don't win, you can always buy the game for only 80 MSP ($1) off the marketplace! Expect a review soon as well.

Special thanks to the developer for hooking us up :)

2. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Since I myself live in Australia, and cannot download Indie games. I just thought I'd put this here to show which countries CAN get this game.

Currently U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, Sweden, Singapore and Spain.

So if you DO NOT live in any of those countries, I'm afraid this is unavailable to you... Unless you decide to trick your xbox into thinking you're from one of those countries.

3. Gxgear

Gxgear
    Expand Collapse

My favourite XBL game would have to be Castle Crashers, it's charming and a blast to play with a couple of friends.

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ Aryon, thanks for posting up the list. Also, I don't think there are any workarounds for this restriction at the moment...I'm actually surprised that Australia still hasn't made it to the list considering there are numerous developers from that region but I suspect it's a result of the stricter laws over there especially since these games have no ESRB rating.

5. CAiNiACprime

CAiNiACprime
    Expand Collapse

My favorite XBL Indie game would have to be This Is Hard. On top of being a huge fan of the art style, the game is enjoyably frustrating if that makes any sense. :surprised:

As far as XBLA titles, I'm going to have to go with Castlevania SotN. The game has aged magnificently and still remains the cream of the Castlevania crop imo.

As for upcoming releases, I'm dying to get my hands on Meatboy.

6. the_punisher

the_punisher
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, one of the biggest surprises for me was Ticket to Ride. I got addicted to that game in a way I never thought I could from XBLA games.

7. BossVersion1

BossVersion1
    Expand Collapse

1) I haven't played too many XBLA games. I'll have to go with Pac-Man Championship Edition. It's just classic.

2) Liked on Facebook as Jake Boss

8. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Someone by the name of Jake replied to the Facebook post but didn't specify their username, please do that so I know who you are on the forum.

9. Ye New Noob

Ye New Noob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

My favorite XBLA so far has to be Fable II Pub Games. Its addicting, fun, and can be tough at moments which are fun.

10. BitLooter

BitLooter
    Expand Collapse

I'm a sucker for Tower-Defense-style games, so my favorite right now is Defense Grid.

11. disabled7239

disabled7239
    Expand Collapse

My all time favorite XBLA game is probably Shadow Complex, but it's such a great catalog.

12. Abysmal Specter

Abysmal Specter
    Expand Collapse

For the XBLA I love Shadow Complex, it is tons of fun. As for an XBLIG I would have to say The Impossible Game, for some reason I find it really addicting.

13. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Aw man.

14. budz

budz
    Expand Collapse

I enjoyed the crap out of Trials HD, and really hope they make a sequel soon (more Hard courses, less Exreme ones!)

15. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

*BUMP*

There's still the rest of today and tomorrow left to enter. Also, from the Facebook entries everyone with the exception of "fresh02_88" and that one guy who didn't state their username is good to go.

@ fresh02_88, you need to reply to this thread stating your favorite XBLIG/XBLA for me to count your entry man. You have enough posts so once you've done that, you should be good.

16. Veridis Quo

Veridis Quo
    Expand Collapse

Since I first got my 360 I've been playing Hexic HD every now and then, that game can never get old for me. However out of all the games I've played on arcade, Braid for some reason stood out for me. It was just so fun to screw around in that game, and experiment that it kept me going for hours.

Another game that I've currently been addicted to is a game called Plants Vs. Zombies. It hasn't yet been released on XBox Live Arcade but as soon as it does, expect me to buy that and see me glued to the sofa with a controller in my hand XD

17. callmesteam

callmesteam
    Expand Collapse

My favorites are 'Crosstown', 'In the Pit', 'Pixel' and 'Trials HD'!

18. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ callmesteam, the entry itself is fine but you need 5 more posts for me to count it as per the requirements. Once you've done that, I can count your entry.

19. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

The winners are Veridis Quo and Abysmal Specter.

Congratulations to both! I'll be PMing them both soon and they'll have 48 hours to verify their prize claim.

20. Veridis Quo

Veridis Quo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for holding an awesome contest. I'm looking forward to playing the game. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.