Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Official Venting Thread

Discussion in '/random' started by Specktren, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    I make messes :x
    Heroic

Xone, I hear all of that.

I had to take a leave of absence from my schooling which has put me into a financial bind currently.

We just lost our house because the rent was so high it wasn't worth it trying to kill ourselves to stay - so we squeezed 3 bedrooms into a tiny apartment for the time being. This is the 8th move in 2 years.. I'm tired of it.

It's amazing how they trick you into believing that you can do so much more with school - but that has been the source of most of my issues.

I hope yours sort themselves out soon!

2. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I dunno, I'm on thin ice right now, If they don't decide to put my money through when I see them Tuesday, I'll have 4 days to move out. (with no other place to go)

Them being the job Centre, government source of my monies. (boo, benefits)

3. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I hope things worked out a bit for you, Xone.

Please keep us posted and let us know you're doing alright!

4. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Well I got my money, but only because the guy I had t see made an error, and instead of claiming it (which would go against him since its an error) he gave ME the paperwork and said "get rid of it""

5. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Goddamn Job Centre don't know what they're fucking doing most of the time.

Seems they wan to suspend me until June 25th, so..that means I'll have no food or money all fucking month.

6. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Do their employees suffer from "slacker syndrome"?

I remember accompanying a friend once to pay a parking ticket and we had to wait a few minutes to get a hold of someone, apparently they were too busy playing Solitaire (the computer monitors were facing us)...

7. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

No they just suffer from unfairness

8. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

AAAAAAANd im suspended for a month, so i cant pay rent, or bills.

GG It was nice knowing you all.

9. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

schools have to be positive about the outlook after you finish school or no one would bother with it

most of my 'problems' now come from being heavyly bullyed at school because of my speech impediment, and because of that time in my life i am now in a groove which i've been in for so very long i can't get out of

10. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I know I felt differently during the original post time but I have to admit.. I graduated last June and had a job at the beginning of July working for the County and have been doing really well - I don't think it was the school persay, but the degree definitely helped!

It's kind of why I have been absent. For the first time since I joined pwnem I have my own place near my family with a really good job.. been hard to maintain socially until recently.

11. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Glad to see you back Speky :D

12. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

^_^ hey Xone!!

13. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

So yet another person I know has sadly passed away...

14. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry about that GaMeR.

I think it's safe to say that most of us had to go through losing someone at some point, I know I did. Although nobody deals with this in the same way, so please feel free to talk about it more if it would help you at all.

There's never really a good way to comfort people when this happens, but know you have my condolences.

15. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Sorry to hear that man :(

16. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Thanks for the condolences.

On a more positive note, due to these incidents I've decided to make it a habit to reach out to people who I haven't talked to in a while with more frequency in the past couple of months with positive results. I recommend looking into this if you haven't attempted it in a while. Worse case scenario, they may just ignore you but you weren't talking to them anyway so it's not a big deal. With technology it's not very time consuming either, you can just drop a quick email, text, or FB message etc.

Mrcooldude10 likes this.
  17. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

This is great advice. It also takes both sides of any relationship making an effort to keep it alive, and a lot of people don't understand that. Most of the time, I hear "Well, so-and-so hasn't texted me for weeks, so I'm not going to text them."

I actually don't have anyone in my life that I don't keep regular contact with that I want to. I pretty cut everyone out of my life that was more or less just an acquaintance. Cut my FB friends list from thousands to just around 200. Wondered why in the heck I had all of the people I went to high school with - or had met a couple times, or were siblings of friends, etc. - as friends on FB when I was never real friends with them in the first place. I don't care about their lives now, I have no interest in ever hanging out with them in person. So there was literally no reason for me to be FB friends with them, other than the fact that we sat in the same building for 4 years together. I guess what I'm saying is don't bust your buns trying to keep in contact with/impress people that you reallllyyyy don't care about anyway or vice versa. I spent many many years of my life caring what people thought too much and trying to please everyone. "But I can't unfriend Joe Schmoe from 8th grade biology class! He'll be offended!" Trust me, Joe Schmoe doesn't care and probably won't even notice. And if he does, who cares what Joe Schmoe from 8th grade thinks?! Quality not quantity :)

Mrcooldude10 likes this.
  18. arkness

arkness
    Expand Collapse

so sw:fa kinda sad