Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Official Venting Thread

Discussion in '/random' started by Specktren, Jul 16, 2008.

1. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

There are certain "groups" which were created from the start purely for control and power.

I've experienced extremism my self, notably that certain group trying to kill me on a daily basis for 6 months. I say extremism, but general day to day belief is fairly radical as well.

2. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

@RTFU

Definitely agree with everything here.

The group of which you speak follows a book that is nearly identical to the bible ironically.

General mindsets and teachings of established leaders within groups tend to be the sprout of evildoing.

As even the book that group follows preaches peace, unity, etc.

Taken to an extreme, or followed word-for-word, most of everything can be interpreted maliciously.

Personally I try to stay open minded and don't side %100 with any particular side.

There's an old Buddhist saying "You shouldn't test the waters with both feet.".
    [hr]
    This thread is getting a little serious, let's get some laughs in here.

Some on-topic humor: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

3. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

Ye it's a accumulation of the writings of several religions. Jus another warlord seeking more power.

Ye I noticed the intensity of the "venting" thread. I thought people would be complaining about bad drivers and people who chew with there mouth open haha

4. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

(Today 04:53 PM)iK1NG Wrote:
    @Gamerteamguy

Wasn't he an athiest? Haha.

Single members of a particular group don't make a group bad as a whole.

If that was so we'd have to abolish Christianity since Hitler was a devout Christian.

General mindsets and repeatedly bad leaders of a particular group are what attach a stigma to it.

--- no no no you did not get my point. My point was that atheism gets its bad name from him and others. Said nothing about atheism being bad as a whole.
    On a side note man wrote the Bible and the books in it where chosen by a group of people. So I do not believe in discriminating homosexuals which is in the Bible. But I heavily dislike homosexuality like Bible teaches but not discriminating them. If Nazis can get married then so should homos.

5. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

@RTFU

Definitely so, haha, I expected the same thing!

But alas, spirituality is a pretty hot-button topic.

@Gamer

Ohh, I see what you're saying. I'm not an atheist by the way, just for clarification.

You are correct in saying men wrote the bible, religion in those days was as powerful as government, it was essentially a substitute for it, So to be a leader of any religious organisation was considered being a president in our day.

On the topic of homosexuality, I do not feel it is any of my business what people choose to do with their lives so long as they are not hurting anyone. It's very open minded of you to say they should have the right to get married, I respect you for saying that.

Live and let live, as they say.

6. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    I make messes :x
    Heroic

Venting thread, folks..

Lets keep religion out of it, it can get touchy and cause issues.

You can create a topic specifically for this discussion if you would like that way those who choose to not participate can avoid it as a whole or take the discussion to a private chat.

Thanks for the understanding!

7. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

@Speck

Fair enough, I don't think there were any hurt feelings though, just having a discussion. ;)

Thanks for clarifying before it turned into the religion thread though. Haha!

8. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Hey, I am all for the discussion! I love a good debate when it stays a debate.

Learning and new perspective is always fun! Like I said, better safe to make a new thread for that topic so those who wish to avoid it can do so and this one can stay on topic as well.

I would prefer no hurt feelings to stay no hurt feelings :]

9. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

That's totally fair, I'd do the same if I were you. :)

I'm a fairly lenient mod where I'm a mod, but, I can definitely see your position here.

If I step out of line just yell at me and I'll quiet down.

<3

10. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Babies.

They aren't always a blessing. In fact, it seems like most of the time those popping out kids are the ones that shouldn't be. Sometimes the worst people in the worst situations have them. So why is it that when that's the case.... they get *congratulated* on it??

One of my long time friends from grade school just announced she's knocked up. She's 27 years old. Works part time as a WAITRESS at some crap diner... lives at home with her mother... and has been dating multiple guys so she doesn't even know which is the father. Yet what does she receive in light of her news? Nothing but "Congratulations!" "Im SO happy for you!" blah blah blahhhhhhh

Or, my waste of flesh sister-in-law who just pushed out her FOURTH child. All 4 of her kids have different dads. She is 26 years old. She has quite literally never had a job in her entire life and has lived off of the government since she was 18 years old. Her house is covered in animal piss, crap and bugs because she's too lazy to clean a thing (despite the fact that she has no job and is home all day), she forces her kids to stay upstairs when they're home so that she doesn't have to see or interact with them. Yet when she announced her fourth pregnancy, she was also showered in congratulations. Freaking praised.

I don't know it bothers me so much, it just does. Praising someone for being highly irresponsible and congratulating them for spreading their legs like it was some HUGE achievement.... I just don't get it. While everyone is spewing forth words of praise, all I can do is sit there and think about how bad I feel for those kids.

11. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

Here's my gaming related vent!

I currently have an Xbox in my barracks which I use when I'm in work. I made the mistake of buying another for the house, so I didn't have to keep taking it back and forth from work. I've got my tag on both Xbox's.

My girlfriend has just figured out how to use it and has discovered the delights of Netflix.

This leads to playing BF, having a rather good game here and there and suddenly, "you have been disconnected from Xbox Live." Then "Profile signed in elsewhere."

No matter how much I try to deconflict, she keeps doing it.

I am now under the assumption she is just doing it to piss me off haha

12. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

@Mizel - I totally understand. I always complain about babies having babies. I just don't understand the rush to have children. I am almost 30, I work from home, am still going to school, and have been divorced once.. lol. I am still a kid myself even at my "age".. I know some people who had children at 17 and are the best parents in the world and others who have had em' at 32 and are still children themselves. While I don't think that there is any right time to have a family, I do feel that getting the selfish out of your system before even considering it is a good idea.

@RTFU from a woman's perspective - it is quite possible she is doing it to piss you off, haha..

Are you able to make her a profile so she can use netflix and not disturb your BF? I don't have an xbox so I am not sure if it works the same as PSN+ in the fact that Live works for all profiles on the system. If not, I would take off the automatic sign in so you can only connect from one place at a time.. while the pain of entering your password everytime will be tedious - at least you can keep your good games!

13. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Sadly, not on 360's. I'm not sure about XBones though, since that WAS a feature, before they did the 180

14. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I see.. I haven't had one in forever so I wasn't sure. I went through 3 360s before I just sent the crap back to microsoft and got a playstation.. I am sure they have gotten better since, I just get annoyed when something I pay for doesn't work how its suppose too.

15. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

@speck

Ye, that's what I thought.

I said I would set up her own tag but she says it wouldn't be worth it as she only uses it for Netflix. I shall have to put up with it.

16. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

My second Xbox lasted right up until my 18th, (2 years ago) from launch year, so I've had alright luck. (on my 3rd one now, obviously)

But so you don't think I'm fanboy, I have a Ps3 too, and grew up with the Ps1/2

17. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ RTFU, if she has a desktop/laptop with an HDMI port at home, maybe she can hook it up that way to avoid using the Xbox. You can get a long cable for cheap.

As for my Xbox 360, had the RROD issue once and fixed it myself, has been working since. It's been at least over 5 years now.

18. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

@Gamer

Eh, I decided to give it up in the divorce and take the car instead, lol. It was when it was first released and they hadn't worked all the kinks out yet. I will probably end up getting a xbOne as soon as I can get the move situated. I have been trying to pull myself away from games lately as I have become completely indulged in them again..

19. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

You're saying this without the prior knowledge that it has taken her 5 years to master the Xbox. I mean just turnin it on and using Netflix. Don't get me wrong she's as tech savvy as the average person but I doubt she'd remember how to do that haha

20. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I've recently applied to go back to college, but to do so I need to apply for student loans too, however the process is time consuming, with a very small time window remaining. On top of that I can't continue now without my mother to fill in a section but I don't know if she's even around this weekend (although its 3am on Sunday right now)

Plus I haven't done a job search, which I have to do to claim my JSA which has been my source of income since I moved into my house share., Tat's partially my fault, but because of the above I'll have to stop claiming at some point, however I don't know when that is, so if the payments cross over, I#ll be in deep doo doo, and its all just stressing me out more than it should.

Final thing: I'm flat broke and have to find extra cash for my rent, food, and other living things (toiletries etc) If I can't pay my full rent, I'll be asked to leave almost immediately.