Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Official Venting Thread

Discussion in '/random' started by Specktren, Jul 16, 2008.

1. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

Thought I'd update, got my school to give my cash back but I haven't got money for a new computer as yet, in line for 4.0s again in school.

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Got involved in a car accident today.

Luckily it was apparently nothing serious but not too happy...

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Oh no :X That really sucks…. hope you’re ok. Worst part about driving, is everyone else on the road….

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah lol, that should be in the driver's manual.

Sucks that I have a lengthy paper due today as well, oh well, at least that can't damage my car :p

5. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yea really.... But what if the paper flies out while your driving and into your face so you cant see and as a result you wreck?! I think you should plead PTSD to get out of the paper. Just saying.... :p

6. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

My roommate wonders why I never clean the kitchen... The day before I went away for Christmas, he says out loud "I know why the kitchen is smelling bad! I left a banana in the pantry and now it's off." Now I assumed he threw this banana out, so next day I left to go to my mums for Christmas, and was away until the 29th. When I got home the whole house smelled bad, but I decided to not worry about it since I was going to go down to a friends to spend new years eve for a couple days. So come back to the house, decided to finally clean the kitchen (which I shit you not, I've used 1 mug, 1 bowl, 1 plate, some cutlery and a pot, the rest of the shit is his).. Anyway, I notice a plastic bag with a bunch of flies hanging around it. Have a look, and it's the same fucking banana and an apple as well. This thing must have been going on 2 months old by now. Not to mention the accumulated stench from all his bowls and shit still having food remnants on them.

My roommate complains quite often that I don't clean the kitchen. This is the kind of thing why. I clean the rest of the house without a problem, but I can't stand the state he leaves the kitchen in.

7. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

^ I can relate, man!

I live with a couple of teenage-going-on-adults with their mom (Whom is barely ever home, works two jobs). If I ever eat at home, it's a bowl a cereal before work, that I rinse right after I'm done with. They go through TONS of food! And TONS of dishes! I don't even know why a family of three even has that many dishes! They almost never finish a whole serving; there's always half full cups, cans, bowls, plates around the house, everywhere. The fridge is always full of old, nasty left overs, half full bottles of pop and whatnot. I swear if I didn't clean all that shit up so that the mom, after 12~14 hours of work, didn't have to come home to shit everywhere; they'd be hoarders.

Talked to them multiple times. Useless. It even got to a point where I said "I'll do the dishes every night, if you could AT LEAST dump the food, and place the dishes in the sink or on the counter". ... Nope.

8. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Stupid, fucking, idiot SWTOR players in PvP.... who don't know shit and wouldn't know what tactics were if it hit them square in their fucking faces =/

9. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

My Job again, Boss ignores my availability and schedules me 2 full hours before I told him I could work, doesn't ask, or make any apology or even excuse for it. And I'll go, because I have to have a job and he can easily find any 12 people to replace me if I fight him.

Also, Why am I the only one, including the managers, who can perform all the tasks of my job?
    We have hoods(vents really) over the top of our broiler and fryers, now the fryer hoods don't require overmuch in the way of maintenance, but the broiler hood requires nightly or semi nightly cleaning, or huge layers of soot and greasy shit build up on it, its literally a fire hazard and a major offense during inspections.Every closing manager will look right at the half inch of black stuff on it and go "Clean enough, lets go home".
    I've closed with the RGM and the first Assistant and neither does anything about it, its ridiculous, yet I'm supposed to give a flying fart in space when they complain about some other minor violation(failure to weigh a frickin ice cream cone for 1/10 ounce differences from the posted measurement)? Hell, I've been in trouble for keeping us late because I decided to clean it anyway.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I tried to play bad company 2 campaign just now but something caused my computer to shit its pants and sent all the fans into overdrive. I think its my power supply venting onto my G-cards, but I cant don anything about it without getting a new case and im not doing that before I get a whole new machine.

If my machine craps out before I get a job and can afford a new one I will be all the mad.

11. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Same thing happened to my laptop :(

Worst part is I had just bought ToR and couldnt even play ittttt lol It was horrible. Same thing happened to my last comp right after I decided to buy WoW..... its an evil gaming company plot I say! o_O

12. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The game companies working with the hardware makers for greater profits...

13. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Thats for sure. My laptop was not even 4 years old and couldnt handle ToR's specs. Thats just ridiculous >_<

14. Mantis

Mantis
    Expand Collapse

Oh, if I must vent about computers, I'd vent about my PC. I'm currently using my laptop because mending my PC has caused much stress. I'm good at this sort of thing, but I think it's a problem I can't personally rectify as the RAM might be faulty. It was about a week after Skyrim's release too! I was loving the game, but I haven't been able to play it since. (At least, not without splashing a lot of cash on the 360 version.) Anyway, my PC's been running smoothly pretty much all the time I've had it, with a few snags along the way which weren't big deals. And that's since January 2010, over two years ago. A good few months ago I gave it a RAM and GPU upgrade, and also a PSU upgrade to accommodate for the extra power it needed. It was a "green" yet powerful graphics card that wouldn't suck up loads of power or overheat the system.

All was going well until, as I said, a week after getting Skyrim. Yet another instance of the many misfortunes in my life. Shit hit the fan and everything I tried didn't work. I've repaired many computers in the past, but I was getting BSODs extremely frequently, even during memory diagnostic tests, so I had to try that at boot-time. The results suggested my RAM is faulty, but I'm not completely convinced. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try again soon, perhaps sending the RAM back to the manufacturer...

15. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ugh, that's the worst. Why is it comps decide to crap out *after* you get a game and just start to get into it >_<

Hopefully you get that taken care of though. Good thing is they should replace the RAM since you just got it.

16. The Dr0w Ranger

The Dr0w Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    I'm BACK
    Veteran

Tell me about computers, mine has had faults in the OS since I got it, can't operate .Net programs, and its physically wrecked to the point that I had to Dremel open the side and solder the power cable to the board.

17. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Temperature dropped about 20 degrees T__T

18. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah this weather's been pretty crappy. Spontaneous snow storms suck as well.

19. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

It's cold and pouring down rain here at the moment. AND I LOVE IT!

20. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

In the last two days my sleeping pattern has gone down the drain.