Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Official Venting Thread

Discussion in '/random' started by Specktren, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    I make messes :x
    Heroic

Have a bad day?
    Lose a couple cows? xD
    Vent it all here ...
    Where it should be ..
    In the venting thread.

Ill kick it off....

I am absolutely getting sick of the lack of quality post's around here. It is f***ing annoying going into a thread and seeing "LOL" or "OMG nipples"

What the hell happened people? I mean seriously. Its like just a post count thing now. Post counts mean nothing here. "Oh but if I have XXX I can make vet"

Umm No you cant ... You have to have XXX QUALITY post's to make vet.

So get it together folks. If you have NOTHING to contribute DONT HIT REPLY!

/rant

2. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

lol......
    Just kidding..
    I agree with you here anyhow, there have been quite a number of posts that I've found rather annoying, simply because it's just "lol", or "oh, ok cool."...

And just wondering... Haven't you tried this "vent thread" in the past? Or something similar?

And btw, cows haven't gotten out since the 2nd fix.... Well as far as I'm aware... I think I might go have a look. XD

3. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Nah I tried 'ask specktren' ... but got bored with it ... so i gave it to snake and it just died. But I figured instead of cluttering the forum with random threads, we could put all the venting into one thread in the random portion of the forum. That way people don't get yelled at, or warned, or anything for doing anything wrong.

I know im sick of having to moderate double posts ... Im getting sick of the idea of moderating little things that shouldn't need to be there. We have such a good group here at the forum I should never have too unless a testosterone war breaks out again (which I understand will happen every now and again) or a real spammer shows up. But please ... thats all I should ever HAVE to moderate. These simple one word phrases that are digging up threads from a year ago is getting ridiculous. There is a reason we have "view NEW threads" ... Common sense folks.

"lol" has nothing to contribute to the fact that (insert console here) sucks.

"OMG 4Reelz?" has nothing to contribute to a discussion what-so-ever.

If you have something to say then please say it just dont be like LAWLZ OMG EYE DECAY!.

SUBSTANCE or GTFO!

4. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Do we have one of these? Or are you just referring to the bar on the side of the index page? Or when you click on a section, the ones with the funny little icon next to them?

Anyway, IMO, I believe that there should be a new rule that has something along the line of "If you revive a topic that is over X amount of months old, you get a warning and the thread is closed".

Sure in some cases this shouldn't be applied (i.e. The Rules Thread), but say for topics in /random, gaming lounge, etc. I think there should be SOME limitations as to what people are allowed to reply to.

And now some venting...

Well my cows haven't gotten out yet, but when I went over to fill up the bull's water, I found that the cows had chewed the wiring between the electric fence and the battery (the battery was in the paddock with the cows, and the bull was in the paddock next to them).. So I had to shoo all of the cows out of that paddock, into a new paddock, go find another power box and wires for the electric fence, then go connect it back up... Not to mention that we just lost a $150 piece of equipment...

5. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Actually its at the top of the page its "View new posts" or "View todays posts" (one shows new posts, one shows all posts within last 24 hours.)
    It's in the welcome bar underneath the slot link above the shout box. The one to the right works too, or scrolling to see which icons are lit up red.

---

Sorry to hear about your fence. Your cows sound restless today! I hope they quit giving you trouble here soon, sounds like you need a vacation. I heard you have a Boat house xD

6. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Ah, would you look at that... I don't think I've ever looked at that before.. Might make things a little bit easier..

And I AM on vacation.... and the house boat was a joke (i dunno if you were being sarcastic or not, my head ain't working too well atm) :p

7. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Sarcasm it was ... but funny sarcasm not mean sarcasm :)

8. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

heh, I don't see how that could come across as mean to anyone. (not sarcasm btw)

Anyhow, more venting...
    I'm getting sick of this damned slow internet.. My usage is all used up, so I've been put onto turtle speed. I can live with it, it's just that it takes about 15 seconds to load up one page.. And since I'm one of those people that opens up every page they want to look at in tabs ALL AT ONCE, it means it takes about a minute for the pages to load. Not to mention images.. If there's an overload of images on the page, It takes about 5 minutes, and no other pages load at the same time... But all in all, it's giving me the proverbial sh*ts...

And another thing, I put the dog to bed about an hour and twentty minutes ago, and she's been howling NON-STOP for that time.... It's just making that proverbial sh*t grow into a damned dung heap...

And is it just going to be Spek and myself venting? Surely someone else has got something that pissing 'em off?

9. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

[​IMG]

Hay guise amidoinitrite?

But in all seriousness, nothing in particular to vent about. That's what I have my psychiatrists for! :D

Some things though, and everytime those things get me down, I remember the wise words of poet André Romelle Young, that "bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks, lick on these nuts and suck the dick, and get the f*ck out after you're done, and I hops in my ride to make a quick run". Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm just postin' to make Aryon feel better.

10. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

All I have to say about my 360 right now ...

Summed up in a nice little youtube video ....

DAMMIT for not being able to make it coded in random!

The Xbox Song

11. oneillz8o8

oneillz8o8
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I'm SICK of doing all these little things [paperwork] for technical BULLSHIT LIKE JOBS AND SCHOOLS.

I'm 18, I took a year off from school and college [Thank GOD] because for almost all of my life, most of it means absolutely NOTHING to me. I'm ready to go apply to college, and now I have to worry about ALL OF THESE PAPERWORK and FINANCIAL SHIT.

I don't know where my parents work and I don't care how much money they make. Why don't YOU FUCKING FIND OUT YOURSELF?! That's why you guys work in the FUCKING COLLEGES. BE SMART AND FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF. I'm APPLYING TO YOUR COLLEGE so that I can BE SMART.

Isn't that right?!

PEOPLE REALLY DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE, JUST AS LONG AS YOU'RE IN COLLEGE.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO FIND OUT ALL THIS PAPERWORK? You're gonna actually TRUST me? A high school graduate?!

I didn't get arrested, I'm not a drug drunkie, what the fuck more do you need!?

If my parents have the GODDAMN money to pay for my 'EDUCATION', then just fucking ACCEPT ME.

12. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah the college process is a hassle. I suggest you call them up and ask them to help as screwing up in the paperwork might delay the process.

13. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Or get you refused if you don't put the right information down. :(

14. cactuar's_bitch

cactuar's_bitch
    Expand Collapse

jupp oneilz =/ College looks like a handfull..
    Everyone has to grow up sometimes?

15. oneillz8o8

oneillz8o8
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

How about YOU grow up? I wasn't the one that got BANNED for NOT following the RULES.

If you know what that means. :rolleyes:

16. Dizzy!

Dizzy!
    Expand Collapse

Ok wtf. I banned him.

Goddamn tree-hugging hippie hackers. -_- Deleting my bans.

17. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

Gamer lifted it.

I didn't know he was a tree hugger

(I mean that in the nicest way possible Gamer lol)

18. Deadpool

Deadpool
    Expand Collapse

Good thread idea Speck. I have a couple.
    I am tired of my blasted knee being swollen, (hurt it twice these past few months, going through healing for the past 4 months)
    I am tired of useless n00bs contributing OMG's to a thread and posting utter shite that a sewer shouldn't have to deal with.
    Ehhh.

19. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I am so sick of the stupid kids down the street thinking they are the shit and blasting there music and doing donuts in the street at 1-4am ...

Seriously ... Your car is whack ... your system is even whacker .. It doesn't make up for anything your lacking ... in fact it shows the true quality of everything your lacking.

Get the eff over yourself and give it up or go to someone else's neighborhood and piss them off. Getting the cops called on you every night and crashing into fences costing you all of your moms paycheck isn't cool anymore.

20. oneillz8o8

oneillz8o8
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

This hasn't happened for quite a long time, probably since junior year or so.

I'm DISGUSTED that YOU STRAIGHT GUYS think that you're holier than thou. That you THINK that you're the mightiest of all good things that come to you.

That you THINK that a GAY GUY would check YOU out?

I don't think so.

I don't know what the hell is you straight guys problems. You say you don't want to touch another man, but you shake hands with your fucking friends everyday! If you don't mean it in that context, well then that's too bad.

That's why you're not God. You're not always correct.

Check yourself out in the mirror if it doesn't break.