Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

NETHER - New DayZ ish Survival/Horror MMO on Steam! (2013)

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by iK1NG, Nov 4, 2013.

1. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

So I bought this game on release day and reviewed it for you guys, hope you enjoy. :D

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8nzKnao38[/video]

It's actually a really awesome game, It's currently still in Beta but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed DayZ, It's kind of a mix of that and Stalker.

The gameplay mechanics aren't entirely "original" of course, but everything looks spectacular and it has just enough variation from the similar titles for it to be worth the standalone purchase.

What do you guys think about it?

2. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Playing this game some more, really starting to like it! The important part to having fun is getting into a group of people. Playing alone can get frustrating and is far less fun.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5N2qzFB2E[/video]

With a group you can take on global events and things like that as well! :D

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah at this point it's going to be really hard for developers to really push the bar on the zombie genre as it's heavily saturated but like you said, there is at least some variance so that's a good sign.

Also, have you played The Dead Linger by any chance? It seems to be yet another contender although it looks a lot less complex.

4. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree, Zombies turned into a developer fad after CoD gained its initial popularity. Nether looks promising, but, we'll have to see how it manages when the full version releases.

I actually haven't, is it any good? I've heard about it.

5. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Im starting to play it and its really fun it has lots of work to be done but its still almost as fun as BF4 or the first time playing Halo 3.

I feel like the developers need to fill the buildings up more rather than just have destruction in it. I really the like safe zone aspect and how when the anti-nether devices stop working everyone is forced to help. It seems like a good canidate for a console gaming MMO although they would have to add mics which would ruin the seriousness of it.

Also have you looked here yet? You should.

http://www.pwnem.com/t-pwnem-friend-program

6. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

I haven't had a chance to play BF4 unfortunately, but Nether has been a blast thus far!

I definitely agree that It's pretty empty, in my second video I briefly spoke about that. The global events are really exciting and in my next video I teamed up with some fellow YouTubers and took on securing a safe zone with them. Let me tell you, it was a blast. If you get a team going in this game it progressively gets to be more fun.

With the new Steam Console we should see it hit the console world soon! By the way, there are already mics in Nether, if you press and hold B you can speak strictly to people who are nearby. ;) That's how we took some people hostage in my next ep. Haha!

I actually hadn't heard anything about that, thanks for the info! I'd be glad to discuss an arrangement with GaMeR, very nice fellow. :)

7. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Probably the last update on Nether I'll post here.

Wanted to show you guys what teaming up with others is like.

It actually makes the game probably 10x more fun.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0lNRvX53E[/video]

8. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

That video was very entertaining and made me giggle. I feel like eventually we will have a new expierence in every building and they may add sewers which would help with verticality.

9. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Thank you man! Really appreciate it. :D

That would be awesome, I logged on today and things seemed to be slightly better in that regard. Actually managed to find ammo and weapons in the first place I checked!

The sewer idea is really interesting, If they build up their servers to allow for 60+ people this game could get seriously intense.

For some reason things seem pretty scattered at the moment, but, still in Beta of course.

10. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

It would be awesome if their was rural or suburban areas. That ways theres non-vertical places and big horizontal fields but covered with grain and other crops for sneaky combat.

11. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Yeah very true, that would make opportunities for snipers to hide and for people trying to evade PKers to get lost in the mix.

12. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I was playing today and I heard tons of gunshots I ran up and sneaked behind and killed five men. Then someone from the other survival group shot me with a Assault Rifle and I got killed but it was so fun. Also what server do you play on?

13. iK1NG

iK1NG
    Expand Collapse

Ahaha ahh, that's pretty funny.

The shenanigans in this game are definitely a blast!

I think team play is the highlight of the beta so far, you can basically take over a server with the right group of people.

Hmm I've been playing a lot on Zealous Believer and (something) Zealot, can't remember the pre-fix off the top of my head. I'm on the west coast so always west coast servers.

If you'd like, add me on steam and we'll play sometime. :) Steam ID: i_k1ng

14. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Alright I just sent you an invite im Batman886

15. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

They are adding tribes you can vote for names (closed) they are voting for logos. They are mostly bad the C.P.U. was a cop one not a smiley face. Still waiting for lore freindly logos.