Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

MW2 Boycott FAIL

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GaMeR, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

To be fair, the following group doesn't represent all of the PC gaming community who boycotted (or at least said they would) Modern Warfare 2 but it does demonstrate the lack of principle among some of them:
    [​IMG]
    Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/12/why-they-dont-take-boycotts-seriously/

Also, I just checked out that group right now and at least 3 of their members on the front page are indeed playing MW2. However, it could be that some trolls purposely joined the group to get a good laugh out of it so it might not accurately represent hypocrisy but still, I have a feeling that at least half of the hypocrites were legitimate.

2. BananaLumps

BananaLumps
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Lol only 833 people....dicks

3. Rawk

Rawk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I saw that as well.

I didn't join the boycott 'cause I'm not really boycotting if I've had no interest in the game from the start.

4. Andy101

Andy101
    Expand Collapse

I can understand why PC gamers would be upset with the new one, but having never played it on the PC I'm rather happy with this one.

I guess the people playing in the screenshot could have been trying the game just to see how much it sucks... Doubt it.

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Well the point of the boycott was to NOT give their money to IW/Activision and since it's Steam, they had to have bought the game to be trying it out which means they ended up giving their money to those said companies anyway although it is possible that some of them were gifted the game as in a friend/relative etc. bought it for them...

6. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Thats pretty funny

7. Ye New Noob

Ye New Noob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Damn , that sucks..And wow GaMeR! you just changed your pic! :p lol

8. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yep...my avatar has been MW2ized.

I still can't believe I had considered canceling my order at one point but I will admit that the reason why I didn't do it was because I managed to get the game for under $40 (used a gift card I had + a special promo) otherwise I probably would of not bought it so soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.