Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by GaMeR, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I totally agree!

And yesssssss. Ya know. I had my doubts about Ryan Reynolds... thought he was too cutesy and frat-boy funny to make a great Deadpool. And his voice.... was my biggest concern. Why? I have no idea LOL But I was sure RR was going to ruin it... But damn if he isn't bringing some life into that character so far and doing an *amazing* job. I think it totally helps that he is a huge fan to begin with. He not only is familiar with, but loves the character and wants to do the best job he can portraying him. Every time I see or hear a clip or see a picture, interview whatever, I get more and more excited :D

2. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

@Zyjerah Man From U.N.C.L.E. is probably my favorite movie this year! The part where he's in the truck enjoying himself is my favorite scene :p

Just watched The Good Dinosaur. It was cute and silly. Nothing original. Although the animated scenery was amazing!

3. VergilD

VergilD
    Expand Collapse

Star Wars Force Awakens! i even made myself a movie from SWTOR game, gonna love stories!

4. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Please tell me someone else has seen this?!! It was so good :O

Xone_Gamer likes this.
  5. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ME ME ME ME I WENT ON OPENING NIGHT!

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ohhhh not me. I don't like people enough for that LOL :p

What did ya think?!

7. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I love it!

8. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

saw 'The Martian' a few days back, one of the best films of 2015 for me. very, very, good

Mizel likes this.
  9. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I just watched this last night! It was really well done, I enjoyed it a lot. It was intense, it was funny, it was emotional. It was long, but you didn't notice because there were no slow moments. They did a great job with the visuals. And the best part? They didn't use a friggin' red filter to film the damn movie like they so often do with Mars-based movies :p

ultraviolet likes this.
  10. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

The Butterfly Room, had low expectations for it but ended up enjoying it despite some poor acting at times.

Definitely the creepiest butterfly themed movie I've seen...

11. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I loved The Martian and Star Wars, as well. Watched The Revenant last night; very brutal! If you've seen Prisoners; same thing. Really harsh atmosphere and premise. Fantastic, but probably won't watch it again -___-'

12. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Watched all of the Harry Potter movies. And Dogma. And Sweeney Todd.

RIP Rickman :(

13. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Watched Spectre the other night, quite enjoyed it. Does all the usual things you'd expect from a Bond film, but it brings back more of a feel of the older movies, which I quite liked. A lot of action, some pretty great one liners, and an acceptable amount of Andrew Scott. Beware the lack of an Irish accent.

14. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

We just watched that too! I'm not really into Bond movies, but it was an enjoyable action flick.

Also watched The Ladykillers. I really liked it! Normally can't go wrong with Tom Hanks. And the rest of the cast was great too ^_^

15. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

re-watching Sicario at the moment, very very good film

16. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

St. Vincent. It was really good. I'm very picky about movies, do not like anything that's touching, depressing, romantic, makes you thinks, emotional.... and I think St. Vincent is one of the few movies like that that I really enjoyed.

17. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I saw Deadpool last night, it was absolutely brilliant!

18. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

OMG - wasn't it though?!!

[​IMG]

19. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I wanted to go see it but had a hectic work schedule. Reassuring to hear it's lived up to the hype though :)

20. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Batman vs. Superman. I'll never get those 2.5 hours of my life back :( I guess it wasn't *that* bad.... but for the most part, I love Superhero movies. I'm not one of those people that get all nerd ragey because they changed a characters outfit or changed part of the story or whatever. Affleck was just okay as Batman/Bruce, but not terrible. The three things wrong with this movie:
    1) The overall story is terrible (imo so is The Dark Knight Returns comic that BvsS is lightly based off of). To avoid specific spoilers, I'll just put it like this - It just feels a rushed story that makes no sense whose only goal is to get to the fight between Batman and Superman, but not establish a reason (or a good, believable reason as to why.
    2) Jessie Eisenberg - his portrayal of Lex Luthor was just a disappointment to say the least. He acted like he had never read a comic in his life, had no idea what kind of character/person Lex was - and instead just decided to channel the Joker or Riddler instead of doing research.... instead of a cool, calm and collected, charismatic man - Jessie portrayed Lex as a crazy, off-the-wall, ADHD suffering psychotic child.
    3) The pace of the movie - something Snyder has trouble with to begin with. The first hour and a half is jam-packed with way too much story, bouncing around all of the place - the the last hour is slow paced combat.

3/10 overall. Would be fine never seeing that movie again.

Also watched Pretty Woman because I had never seen it before and Room. Both were enjoyable.

#1120 Mizel, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016