Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by GaMeR, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

today's film was:

X-Men: Days of Future Past The Rogue Cut

around 20 minutes extra footage added to the best marvel film so far

2. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

^ wait for the Age of ultron uncut edition, thats an extra hour.

Last movie I saw was Attack the Block.

3. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

according at the director Joss Whedon in a recent interview its not happening, heres a link:

http://collider.com/joss-whedon-on-age-of-ultron-directors-cut-more-dr-horrible-firefly/

or, if you just want the text, heres the copy and pasted info:

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]WHEDON: It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything, and always to make the movie with the studio that we both want to make. [/font][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ultron[/font][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] was very complex. There was a lot of back-and-forth. My instinct is no. Just as an artist, I’m super fucking lazy and that sounds like it would be hard. I don’t think there’s interest in it, right now. You’ll see a bunch of stuff on the DVD in extras that were meant to be there. But the narrative came together very close to the way that I hoped it would, and I don’t think it needs me to constantly tweak it. I feel you put something out, and there it is. The first time I ever heard a re-mix, I was 13 and I was listening to the radio. I heard a song that had been re-mixed and it freaked me out so much that I turned off the radio and never listened to it since, literally. That is an actual truth. I felt like, “Wait, that was the song. You can’t do that.” Our entire culture consists of doing exactly that, but I’m not for it. If I tell a story, I want that to be the story I told.[/font][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ultron[/font][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] may have some transitions that I’m not 100% on board with. It’s also one of the most ridiculously personal things I’ve ever put on screen. The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity and supported it, I’m very happy and very proud of everybody that worked on it. I don’t feel the need to go in and fix. I feel like, there she is.[/font]

4. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Journey to the West. It was hilarious. 10/10 recommend.

Kingsman: The Secret Service. Meh, it was ok.

5. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

i thought it was a excellent film, a really fun james bond which didn't take its self to seriously

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I just thought the plot/story in general was pretty terrible... It was a fun movie. The acting was decent, the action was great and there were some funny moments. But overall, I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Also watched Chappie. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Even if it made me cry D:

7. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I loved Kingsman, But that may be because i relate more to the culture.

8. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

They Came Together. Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd rom-com spoof. I had 0 expectations of this movie being good going into it, but it was surprisingly well done and funny :)

9. Xone_Gamer

Xone_Gamer
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Recently saw Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill for.

10. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ted 2. About what you'd expect. Comparable to the first- dumb funny stoner movie :p

11. AmyJackson

AmyJackson
    Expand Collapse

Harry Potter (The new one).

Slept through the majority so I don't have any real opinions.

12. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Crimson Peak was a fun Halloween movie. I liked that the ghosts in the movie were more plot than they were jumpscares (ironic to the actual story written in the movie). Not sure how I feel about Tom Hiddleston chaps and no breasticles or such to even it out.

Spectre was a lot of fun.

I really want to watch The Good Dinosaur :p

13. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Rewatched The Wolf of Wall Street because a friend hadn't seen it, still found it hilarious.

14. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Logan's Run. And then watched The Island (Ewan McGregor, ScarJo).

15. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I found it hilarious. A secret agent movie, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. Give it a shot if you're looking for something funny to watch.

16. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Really, it's funny? I'm totally going to check it out then! I didn't realize it was, just thought it was your classic shoot 'em up, explosions action film. But I'm always on the lookout for funny movies to watch :p

17. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

that's a good combo.

-------

I made a new years resolution to watch a film a day all year and it's still going well, might be one down, but I'll be making that up today on my day off.

current highlights over this week are: The Machine (low budget sci-fi ) and 'Love' (2015 version) which is a very adult film about a guy remembering a past relationship

18. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Watched this last night! I was excited knowing it was a comedy. I thought it was just a regular old spy action movie - which I don't hate, I just have to be in the mood for. It was really good! :)

19. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ant-Man - since I was too terrified of being shot to see it in theaters. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much! Not that I thought it would be a bad movie, just don't know a whole lot about Ant-Man. But it was funny and entertaining. Paul Rudd does a great job :)

20. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

@Mizel I thought it was a standard spy movie as well at first, watched it anyway and loved it. The kind of movie I think I'll end up watching again after a couple of months.
    Ant-Man was really good too, better than I expected. I think Marvel does a great job in making movies both fans and people who know nothing about it can enjoy. Worked really well in GotG as well.

Of course perpetually hyped for the Deadpool movie.