Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by GaMeR, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Really? I haven't really heard much about it, but I thought it was fantastic! My only complaint is that it could have been cut down by about 30 minutes or so. It was 3 hours long, which is just a bit too long for all movies, imo. But the story was excellent, the visuals were phenomenal., even Matthew McConaughey was tolerable :p

However, GotG was *awesome.* I'd have to recommend that first ;)

2. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

Just watching the Evil Dead remake again, so good :)

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

*Love* that movie. One of very few remakes that was easily as good as the original :)

4. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

hope you watched it past the end credits? :)

5. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Oh yes :D

[​IMG]

Are you excited for the TV show?

6. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

The last movie I saw was Pan's Labyrinth. Took me a while, but I finally got to it. I love Guillermo Del Toro's work, and this movie was no exception.

It was also horribly depressing. :(

7. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah it was a bit on the depressive side as far as the ending is concerned but also it's somewhat open ended so it's not entirely bleak.

Regardless, a good film indeed.

8. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

Watched Dracula Untold. Surprisingly good if I do say so myself!

9. mob19151

mob19151
    Expand Collapse

I just saw Snowpiercer a couple of days ago, and I'm gonna have to say... it's probably one of the top 10 most amazing movies I've ever watched. Not so much for the pacing or the scripting, but the storyline. It was just so new and different from everything else, it's really sad it didn't get much publicity.

10. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I agree, it was a great movie! No idea why it never got popular or publicity? We accidentally downloaded a version with no subtitles and watched the whole thing that way, thinking you weren't supposed to know what they were saying LOL makes so much more sense with the subs :p

11. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

FINALLY watched Guardians of the Galaxy, bit late to the party but holy hell that was good. I had some pretty huge doubts when I heard it was better than The Avengers but now I definitely agree. If you haven't seen it yet, get on it. I regret not watching it sooner.

Now to wait for the sequel.

[​IMG]

12. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

i've only just seen this a few weeks ago as well, didn't like it, it looked very pretty and sounded great, but, after watching Days of Future Past it had no substance

13. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Haven't seen Days of Future Past yet so I don't have a real comparison here, but I sure know I loved GotG. I suppose I'll see how X-Men compares at some point.

14. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

no spoilers, but, if your a fan of the first two films, you'll love it, if you hated part three you'll love it even more.

i was genuinely moved by the ending of the film

15. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ISN'T IT AMAZING?! I had doubts as well, but I have to say that it is probably my favorite superhero movie to come out yet. I have literally watched it dozens of times already and it just never gets old. My husband and I pretty much just put this movie on non-stop in the background at home :p

Can I just that everyone they cast did a hell of a job? Chris Pratt- did not except him to do such a fantastic job. Bradley Cooper- freakin' nailed Rocket. Vin Diesel - brought amazing life into Groot. Bautista- for a big dumb wrestler with no other acting experience, he played a pretty damn convincing Drax. Man, I could just keeping on.... even Nathan Fillion's 20 second role was awesome :p But seriously, I can't name a single thing I was disappointed with. Every other superhero movie that come out recently has at least *one* thing I'd change or was unhappy with. Not GotG :)

And I still cry every.single.time. I watch it. The opening of the movie hits way too closely to home for me, but as soon as you get sad- BAM! Funny part to make it all better. Not many movies I've seen where I go from bawling to hysterical :p

[​IMG]

16. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing, but I'm kinda worried about the sequel. Sequelitis, the disease of which the sequel of a movie, for lack of a better term, sucks, is a thing. Very few movies escape that black hole.

Funny Dave Bautista is mentioned... as a wrestling fan, I had many doubts concerning him. He isn't exactly known for cutting the best promos. But apparently when he heard he got the role, Bautista cried open tears, knowing this was his big break, and took acting lessons. I have to say I have more respect for the guy now, should the story be true.

As for the latest movie I saw? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

It's CHRISTMAS!!!!

17. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ugh, man... don't even get me started on sequels haha I totally agree. There's essentially no friggin' movie these days that don't have a sequel or aren't remade. I really, really hate where the entertainment industry is going. Same with TV shows. Can't just have a successful TV show or movie without trying to cash in on it even more (like Breaking Bad and the Better Call Saul spin-off).

I mentioned the other day how I thought Bautista was amazing in GotG to someone and they totally mocked me. "Yea.... because that part is SO hard to do." Well yea, dude, it really is. When you have no real acting experience and know nothing about the character that you're playing? It IS really hard!

18. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

@Mizel Oh yeah this is definitely a film I'll be watching again... and again. And again. I didn't even know who played Drax 'till you said(haven't watched a whole lot of wrestling clearly), I fully thought he was just a pro actor. That's impressive.

@omega Yeah sequels can ruin a lot. It's two years away so I can at least believe it'll be awesome 'till 2017, we'll see how it ends up.

19. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yeah but Marvel sequels normally hit the mark though :p

20. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I used to *love* wrestling when I was younger. I stopped watching, but my ex still did throughout HS and early college. That's the only reason I know a lot of them :p

Speaking of GotG.... I may have just put it on my iPod so that I can... WATCH IT ALL DAY!

[​IMG]

I will agree with you there!