Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Key Binding issue need some assistance please

Discussion in 'Computer Games' started by RocBoy374, Aug 5, 2012.

1. RocBoy374

RocBoy374
    Expand Collapse

I was playing BF3 earlier (the best damn match I'll ever have) and during the last 300 tickets the house experiences a power surge and everything shuts off for a few seconds(the middle of broad fucking daylight. I know)

I turned my pc back on and when I went to try and rejoin the same game my controller settings for the key bindings were completely screwed. It doesn't seem like just a power failure though, because when I try and remap a button to a key on the board it automatically assumes that I'm pressing the x axis analog stick (left side).

I tried troubleshooting the receiver, re-calibrating the x,y and z axis in controller settings, using a different controller, unplugging the wireless receiver, restarting the computer, etc. Either that surge fried my motherboard or I'm missing something else here.

The outage also rendered my Skyrim game soundless after the intro. None of it makes sense to me at all and I'm not in the slightest an experienced technician.

If somebody has a solution, please help. It would be very much appreciated.

2. Nexus One

Nexus One
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Unfortunately, no. There's no fix for that. But I think all of the problems you're having now is not game internally, but from your system respectfully. You should seek out some tips around the internet dude, it's not the games fault, it's from the system because of the sudden blackout.

3. RocBoy374

RocBoy374
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man

4. Nexus One

Nexus One
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Sure sure, just let us know if you're BF3 problems are fixed. It's worth mentioning you know.

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

That's strange as I don't think the power outage could corrupt your data that much unless it was the first time you had set up your controller config.

As for troubleshooting, how's your computer's performance outside of gaming? For the sound issue, try using other software and see if you run into any mishaps. The same with the controller, try using it in a different game and see what happens. If the problem appears to be isolated to the specific game title, I would recommend their official forums as you're bound to come across someone who's had a similar experience. That's where I usually turn to when I'm having game specific issues that I can't figure out.