Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by Mizel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

So, is anyone watching this? It's fantastic so far. I wasn't very excited when I heard about because I don't know much about the character. But I'm hooked. Netflix does such an awesome job with comic book shows.

Daredevil is great as well.

2. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

just finished episode five i think.

[as with Daredevil] i prefer the co-stars more than Jessica herself; Rachael Taylor and Carrie-Ann Moss are both excellent. Jessica at the moment seems quite a rubbish 'super hero' and David Tennant [love most of this work] who plays Kilgrave doesn't seem menacing at all at the moment.

ill watch all of season 1 before i pass judgment, but, i think a few more story arcs in the show might of been called for

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I don't know how much you know about the character JJ (I knew nothing before the show), but to be honest even in the comics she's a lame superhero with a little bit of super strength, limited "invulnerability", and "flying" which she could never control or really get working/used to anyway (and she doesn't even currently *have* any super powers in the comic books). So I wouldn't continue the show expecting her to be Superman, or you're going to be *really* disappointed lol I think the only reason I wasn't is because I knew what to expect from the character beforehand.

That's actually the reason that I wasn't even excited about this show starting. Because JJ really... isn't that interesting of a character OR a superhero. But I was shocked to find that I'm really digging it so far. I've only got an episode or two left to watch :(

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I haven't even checked out Daredevil yet... I did watch a few episodes of Arrow though and liked it, I think I'll eventually finish that, check out Daredevil and then JJ.

5. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Based off of what Mizzy is saying, I'm totally gonna check it out when I'm caught up with a few other shows.

I started watching The Flash and Arrow recently. A few episodes into Arrow and whoever edited that show needs less caffeine! I'm not too hooked on it, yet. With my only major gripe being that the editing and pacing is kind of,,, inconsistent. The Flash is fun.

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I think NF is really doing a superb job on these comic book shows. Out of all of the shows currently on, DD and JJ are by far my favorites.

Zack, I love you LOL You're the only other person I know that doesn't think Arrow is "oh em gee, the best show everrrrrr." I watched the first few episodes and.... I am just not that impressed. I don't think it's great, I don't even think it's really good to be honest. I think that's partially because I just can't take the guy that plays Arrow seriously. I spent most of the time watching just giggling to myself at his emo-ness. The brooding look while pulling his hood up over his head was just too much for me to take :p

7. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

@Mizel Ahahaha I'm glad there's another! I can't believe the show has 5 stars on Netflix, and everyone at the office SUPER hyped it up for me! I managed up to episode 13 and it's,,, mediocre at best :p

Amma just watch Scrubs or House M.D. again.

8. ultraviolet

ultraviolet
    Expand Collapse

well the first two seasons of Arrow are very good: the Dark Archer (season 1) and Death Stroke (season 2) are excellent villians. loved the show so much I got the boxsets, just a shame now is seems to of gone down hill, not sure why, but, half way through season 4 and I've stopped watching it, just better TV out there to fill my time.

-------------

finished Jessica Jones last week and I liked it, although I have heard the comics are a lot darker, I wish this was a '18' rather than a '15' (UK certs) for a series with underlining stories of rape, psycoloical abuse and other very adult themes we don't see any 'flesh' which I think is a bit strange as there is some harsh death scenes. Jessica smokes in the comics, but not in the TV show? what?

as with Dare Devil, it was good to watch, but, I'm not watching another season of it