Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

HTC and Valve Reveal New Vive Virtual Reality Headset

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mizel, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

HTC and Valve reveal new Vive virtual reality headset

This.... is really freakin' exciting. Not only is just another VR console, but: "Vive Developer Edition promises "photorealistic imagery" and 360-degree immersion for the user. It also tracks your movements using more than 70 different sensors, which means you can physically walk around in the world instead of using a controller to navigate for you."

It would be so amazing to actually be walking around in game and IRL. I mean... as long as you're not falling down stairs or walking into the middle of a busy road :p  

I wish I could somehow convince them to send me one to test out for them!

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg
    Expand Collapse

I hope this is better quality than HTC phones as while I've never owned one, my friends who have claimed bad experiences.

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The HTC Incredible 2 was a decent phone, but that's the only one I've ever personally owned. I've heard that with HTC you get what you pay for. Their low end, cheaper stuff is absolute crap, while their high end and more expensive stuff, is supposedly really good. 

I'm hoping HTC does a good job on this. Plus, Valve typically doesn't tend to partner with companies and/or put their name on products that they don't expect to be good. Now if they could just pt some effort into their customer service :p

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

True, I'm sure Valve will be on their ass to avoid embarrassing themselves.