Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

How was your 2015 holiday?

Discussion in 'Gamer Lounge' started by Mrcooldude10, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

Mine was great! This Christmas I finally stepped into the previous generation of consoles, fashionably late per the norm, with a PlayStation 3 and a buttload of games. Been loving Journey Collectors Edition.

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Nice. I had a good time, gift wise, I was my own Santa, was pretty satisfied with what I gifted myself :p

3. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

4. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

It was good!

My best friends bday is Xmas Eve, so we went out drinking until the bars closed. Then my husbands bday is Xmas day, so we did whatever he wanted to do which consisted of movies and sushi. And then NYE we always have a party. Had some friends over - ate some food, drank some yummy drinks (something with Chila Orchata and whiskey - were amazing) and played Betrayal at House on the Hill and Exploding Kittens until about 3:30am and then passed out.

This year to me was so weird. It went by SO quickly and the holidays didn't feel like the holidays. I felt like they just came out of nowhere and went. And it seemed like the same thing happened to everyone around me. No one I know did anything for NYE - stayed at home and were asleep by midnight. It's just really weird to see everyone that is normally partying hard staying in. Kind of just feels like a dream, like the past 6 months just happened and I just woke up and now it's 2016 :/

5. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

Funnily enough @Mizel, That's how I felt during 2013 and 2014. Everything felt like it just came and went so quickly that by the time it mostly clicked in my head what was going on, whatever was going on had already ended. Sorry about that, I think everyone has experienced that feeling at some point, never any fun, at least it sounds like you had fun on Christmas Eve and Day. :)

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just something I noticed. It was just weird seeing all of my friends that like to go out and drink and party and get retarded all decided to stay in this year like I normally do LOL I am homebody for sure. I'd much rather chill at home in comfort and drink than go out bar-hopping any day :p

Mrcooldude10 likes this.
  7. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

@Mizzy: That's a lot of celebrations in a small amount of time :p Sounds like you've had a blast, though! And same happened here. Seems like 2015 only had 2~3 months in it instead of 12 -___-'

I SUPER enjoyed having the holidays off! For the first time in five years, I wasn't stuck in some retail superstore setting up holiday displays, no Black Friday, no case lots, no last minute hordes of customers NOTHING! Paid time off instead!
    So I marathoned movies with a few friends, video games, card games, board games, all of the games :p We had a really nasty blizzard going on for a couple of weeks. Almost all roads in the area were closed off and most stores and such were closed, too. But all in all, it was good.

Also, watched Oliver and Company, Aristocats, and Tom & Jerry with my cats :3

8. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ah, isn't having paid time off wonderful?!

I honestly miss my old job where I could work holidays if I wanted and got double pay. It was glorious :p

9. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yes, and also yes! :p

It seems no one else in the office has fully recovered from the holidays, still :p

10. Upside

Upside
    Expand Collapse

I got nothing fortunately.