Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Computer Games' started by Mizel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I pre-ordered it. Beat the first wing in about 25 minutes last night and then did the class challenges. Bring on the next wing! :)

2. CarelessRex

CarelessRex
    Expand Collapse

I love this game! It's so much fun! I haven't played in a long while but since they released the mobile version, I've gotten back into it. I'm pretty noob at it though. I need friends!! Add me! I'm CarelessReks!

3. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

^ My phone won't let me play the mobile version, Google Play is all 'hell yeah go for it!' and once it's installed it rejects me xD So much false hope.
    Also, we'd need your BattleTag or email to add you haha, can't add just by username unfortunately.

4. CarelessRex

CarelessRex
    Expand Collapse

Ugh! I'm like the ultra noob lol. Let me see if I can fish that information up and I'll edit this post to include it!

EDIT: I changed my battle tag! I didn't know you could do that. But this is what my new battle tag is listed as - CarelessRex#1395

5. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

Finished Blackrock Mountain and all the hero challenges and like my jaunt into Naxxramas, not a single dollar spent. All gold.

I found I like the Blackrock missions to be more interesting than Naxx, but there was a distinct lack of "character". Kel'thuzad was more fun to face than Nefarian at least. Still, was good, and am looking forward to using these new cards.

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Anyone read about the new heroes? So disappointing :(

7. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

But not unexpected. Sure it may not be a huge game changer, but its something for the art team to work on at least. And hey, it was about time they brought in a dwarf hero. 

I'm more disappointed in the price. Blizzard charges far too much for cosmetic items, I find. 

8. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

@Miz Saw it coming if to be honest. Still, $10? That I didn't expect. If the new hero had a different hero power maybe but just for aesthetics? No thank you.

9. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yea, I saw it coming too. I was just *hoping* for something better than.... skins. And yea man, that price!! TEN DOLLARS for a craptastic hero skin?? Not in a million years. I've only seen ONE person so far stupid enough to pay the $10 haha My hubby and I are making a bet on how long it takes them to 1) Drastically drop the price - and - 2) package them all in one bundle.

On another note, anyone try Tavern Brawl? :) I thought it was really fun! I was expecting to be able to create my own deck, but found it kind of refreshing to find out it was pre-built. Makes for a nice relaxing new play mode!

10. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

@Mizel Yeah, the tavern brawl was a lot cooler than I expected. New challenge each week? I'm in. I guess I sort of found myself only playing for the card backs recently, this definitely gives me something fresh.

Seen the new banana tavern brawl? Haven't tried it yet but hey, it has that deck building you were expecting.

[​IMG]

11. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yea I did! :)

Now that TB have been around for 3 weeks.... I'm.... kind of disappointed :(  The first week was really cool, but then the following two weeks (bananas and now spiders) it got really boring, really quickly. I played about 3 games of the spider TB this week and I'm already done haha    

12. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

^ Yeah, never tried the banana one, and haven't tried the spiders yet lol. I WILL THOUGH... at some point.

13. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

New expac announced, which is what a game like hearthstone needs all the time it seems. The inspire mechanic looks interesting as well. Glad to see the game mixing things up again.

14. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I haven't played in weeks! Finally hopped back on just to check out the current meta. I'm still not sure what the meta is at the moment, but I know I jumped from rank 22 to rank 16 - in less than 2 hours, with only 1 single loss - playing my face-mech Shaman.

And I think the new expansion comes out next week? This may be the first one I don't buy :X

15. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

I laughed a little too hard.

16. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Anyone playing the new adventure? Man, Naxx was sooooooo hard compared to the other adventures that have come out. The rest are too easy, imo. All wings beaten by turn 6 or 7 - first try. I know they are trying not to frustrate players, and that the challenge is in Heroic mode, but a littttttle but of a challenge would have been nice :/

17. VergilD

VergilD
    Expand Collapse

Tavern Brawl, stolen boxes + spell cards = (sorry mage) pwned!