Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Computer Games' started by Mizel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

[​IMG]

I hear ya, man. You have the same luck do. My husband gets great cards ALL the time in packs. Me? Common, common, common. Maybe something better every once and awhile. Legendary? Forget about it :/

And it's what, 1600 dust to make a legendary? I play HS a LOT and right now I'm sitting on a meager 325 dust (and I rarely, rarely craft cards.... and when I do it's normally only common's or maybe rare's because epic and legendary are too expensive.

2. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Been taken over by duties of the real life unfortunately so don't get a whole lot of time for the general HS playing. Did make time for the first wing of Naxx though, also gave heroic a shot and um. Wow. I'll finish them eventually.

[​IMG]

3. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Heroic is brutal :O

4. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

5. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

So this match just happened... It goes to show that legendaries are very powerful... if you can keep them.

My Paladin deck is based on buffs and shields, as are most Paladin decks. I am facing a mage. It is late in the game, and the mage throws down... RAGNAROS THE FIRELORD!

A buffed Sunwalker with a shield takes him out.

But that's not all. The mage then throws down... GRUUL THE DRAGONKILLER!

Same buffed Sunwalker gets a new shield and takes him out.

The mage, obviously pissed, throws down with DEATHWING THE DESTROYER!

OK, I use my own legendary, HIGHLORD TIRION FORDRING!

Ah, but the mage has one last trick up their sleeve... BARON GEDDON!

Deathwing swings at Tirion and Tirion loses the shield. My turn, and I throw Tirion at Deathwing, ending both cards. I then play an buffed Argent Crusader to deal with Baron Geddon.

Having seen all four Legendaries die in four turns, the mage calls it quits.

A good play can beat a golden Deathwing any day.

6. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hahaha Ah, bet that mage was soooo pissed :p

[​IMG]

7. B-Mo

B-Mo
    Expand Collapse

I played it a bit a few months ago. I was never really a fan of Poke'mon or Yu'Gi'Oh, so I didn't really get addicted as much as I do to shooter games. Well, strategic shooter games, not just run, run, shoot, shoot. I h8 "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield". Well, anyways, back onto the topic, I played it a bit, got frustrated, then quit. Short and simple, didn't buy anything in the game, just played for a couple days, then deleted the insane amount of space it was taking on my computer.

8. twolf deals

twolf deals
    Expand Collapse

I don't play this game simply because id spend too much money on it that and theres always someone telling me that theres a deal on booster back for hearthstone at my job

kinda just an odd question whats a ''strategic shooter game'' most fps games nowadays sadly are just run amok and shoot

9. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

So... Leeroy has become one of those staple legendaries I don't have but everyone and their mothers seem to have. While yes it is a key to miracle rogue decks, it just seems everyone is carrying a Leeroy kill bomb in their hands.

Cept me of course. Card games. I love 'em but still infuriating.

10. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I'm getting fairly far with my Shaman. Made it to level.... 13 I think. Which, is still not that impressive haha But I was happy.

11. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

I'm suuuuper low level with my Shaman, don't play him a lot. Least played classes Shaman and Paladin, although they're both awesome I hear so should probably play them more than I do. Oh also Druid. Haven't played very much of Druid.

12. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I didn't used to play much Shaman. Mains were my Warrior and Mage. Then I started playing Shaman and fell in love with it. I can't make a Druid deck to save my life >.> Same with Rogue.

13. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Rogue. Ah yes, my old enemy. Also one of my least played classes funnily enough. Mainly play Mage, Hunter, Warrior and Priest. Haven't played a whole lot of any of the others. Except Warlock, that's sort of in the middle. I'll give Shaman and Paladin another shot, and try to play some Druid and Rogue too, might be better than I expect.

14. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

There are those games where the opponent gives up on turn two despite no clear advantage on the board. Why do that, I always wonder. Game is still open, why give up? I always find it very odd. I don't mind the cheap win, but that is what is. A cheap win. And I don't like those.

15. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Sometimes people just disconnect. Or there have been times when I started a game by accident and had to quit out. There have also been times when a deck is suuuuuuper popular for the meta, and everyone is playing the exact same freaking one. Sometimes, if I get my arse beat by that same deck a few times in a row, and get matched against another.... I'll just rage quit :p

I, on the other hand, don't mind when it hits turn 2 and someone quits/DC's- whatever. I try not to think of it as a cheap win.... but more that I was just so threatening and skurry that they quit :D

16. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that is one way of looking at it, but I do like the act of playing the game and when someone self-destructs simply because I'm playing priest/paladin/hunter/whatever, its robbing both of us of a decent match where the outcome is not guaranteed.

Yesterday I had a match where I went first and pulled a Lightwell, Temple Enforcer, and Boulderfist Ogre. On the draw I grab the second Temple Enforcer. Normally, I think many would give up right there and then because that is a terrible starting hand. I carried that into a win, but it was not an easy one and my opponent made a terrible misplay (they had lethal and chose not to attack for whatever reason). I digress, I think people should play the game and only concede if they know it is hopeless when the advantage is clear and the draw does not help you.

But then, I also have a never give up in the first five minutes way of thinking and others don't. If people want to blow up in the first turn... ok, more wins and therefore gold for me.

P.S. There is a difference between disconnects and conceding. When the dwarven innkeeper says "Your opponent has left" it means they closed the program or DC'd. When they just blow up, they conceded the match.

17. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Right, but you can rage quit the game by closing the program instead of just using the concede button. Normally when I rage quit, that's what I do :p Mainly just because if I get angry enough to rage quit, I need a break from the game lol

I'm about to hit 100 wins on my Shaman... I'm still SO FAR AWAY from 500 wins and the gold portrait :(

18. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

I'm not even remotely close to getting any class to 100, let alone 500. I typically only play when I have quests to do so.

And plenty of losing streaks get me to not play the game at all.

19. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I finally played the game on a PC.

I still suck.

20. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

Almost done Naxxramas. Just need to win another 700 gold to unlock the final wing. It was a fun romp, and I didn't spend a real dime on it.