Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Computer Games' started by Mizel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

So..... has anyone been playing this? I've been obsessed since it came out >.>

The expansion comes out next week. Woooooo! So excited :D

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/17/5911249/hearthstone-curse-of-naxxramas-release-date

2. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

I used to play it a lot, but recently slowed down. I might get back into it when Naxx comes out.

3. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Who else plays on an iPad.....:((((((((((((

The FPS for HearthStone on it is horrible.

4. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I definitely go through phases. I'll play it like crazy, and then take a break.

"iPad" There's your problem :p

But yea, I noticed the same thing playing on my father-in-laws iPad.

5. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Yep, been taken over by that game too, and that usually doesn't happen to me with TCGs. Taken a bit of a break for Heroes of the Storm, but I think Naxx will reel me back in.

[​IMG]

6. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

Any preferred classes? Mine are hunter and warrior, despite my shaman, who I will always say shouldn't be a good deck... is a good deck.

7. Zyjerah

Zyjerah
    Expand Collapse

Hunter and priest. Probably. I try to play them all equally as they're pretty well rounded, but priest is definitely one of my favourites.

8. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

So today was apparently priest daily quest day. I won two matches where my opponents gave up the moment they saw it was a priest. Don't know if I should be glad for easy win or concerned that priests are too scary.

9. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I have finally won a match!

Yay!

10. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I haven't tried it yet but have heard a lot of good things about it, here's a good write up from one of our writers:

http://we.pwnem.com/1006/hearty-dose-of-cards-a-look-at-hearthstone

11. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ok guys I meant I got my first win on an ipad. Of course i play on PC.
    "Ipad Master Race"
    Admit it PC Gamers your computers can only run at 0.322472628483728 Frames Per Second while the ipad can run 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999, Frames per second. Also ipad has the best exclusives like Flappy Miley and that stupid ripoff Flappy Bird. King games trademarked candy which is so awesome. What does PC Gaming have? Steam? Bitch please if I go into the shower I can make steam I do not need a PC for it. Also ipad has great controls. People who deny are probably the small minority of people that play HearthStone on PC.
    Here is ten reasons to smash your console or PC and buy ipad. 10.Fuck you thats why! 9. Ipad hardware is superior. 8. Better community that is filled with kids. 7.I gave up. But I do not need reasons. My opinion is superior to yours just because I have an opinion.
    (trolololololololo)

You know what would be really cool? If the Pwnem site got together and made a list of the top 500 hearthstone cards. That would be fucking epic. I think Flamestrike is number one.

12. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Naxx is sweeeeeeet! Downed the bosses of the first wing. Awesome card rewards too!

My preferred and favorite deck is Mage. My least favorite is Warlock. I have the most trouble with Shaman. Easiest deck to play imo is Priest. Rogue and Pally are the most fun for going face and pissing people off xD

13. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Mage with Malygos and Flamestrike is OP.Be afraid every othe hero beside lord arranxas or whatever is his name is.

14. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

I enjoyed the spider wing of Naxxramas. Some the cards the opponents have are blatantly unfair, and I'm very glad players won't get access to them (ie. Deathcharger). I also like the humour Blizzard put into Naxx. Some of the things Kel'Thuzad say are rather funny.

15. Space

Space
    Expand Collapse

'ipad master race' Lol

16. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I had a ton of fun with the "Greet" and "Threat" chat options. hearing what they replied with was hilarious xD

17. Gamerteamguy

Gamerteamguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hissssss all the spider said. I think the next one said "It speaks".

18. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

I'm learning that Alexstrasza is going to be a mainstay legendary for many decks. Alex is very strong at 8/8 and can either reduce the opponent to 15 allowing for some quick run downs, or bring you back to 15 to save your bacon. She will be very important during Naxxramas, especially for the bosses who have a lot of health. For example, Heroic Loatheb has 99. That's gonna take some time to bring down.

19. Mizel

Mizel
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ugh, I hate hate hate that this game pretty much goes that way. This ONE card, out of the FIVE hundred (yes, FIVE hundred) total cards available in HS is *needed* for this deck. Alex is needed for mages, Leroy is needed for Rogue. Etc, etc. It annoys me so much :/

20. omegaphoenix11

omegaphoenix11
    Expand Collapse

This is a problem with CCG's in general, in that there are always cards a deck *must* have. In Yu-Gi-Oh! before it was banned, it was Raigeki and Harpy's Feather Duster. I'm not sure about MTG, but I remember Akroma the Angel of Wrath being another sought after "must-have."

My issue is that it takes a lot of luck or dust to make these "vital" cards. I opened fifteen packs today, the same I do at the end of the month and only got one legendary, while a friend does the same and gets four. I can blame luck all I like, but if I'm not able to compete because I'm not lucky enough to get Alexstrasza? Might be an issue there. There should be testing of the bosses to see if they can beat them without the Dragon Queen.