Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

GTA Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by shawn, Sep 21, 2010.

1. shawn

shawn
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone get into the GTA games at all? I pretty much just like to free roam around more than play the actual game. I really like playing in roit modes but I noticed the new one doesn't allow too many cheats or doesn't have it, wonder what is up with that!

2. craig9045

craig9045
    Expand Collapse

yeah man i played gta for years but i think san andreas was the first one that i got too into the story to not just explore and use cheats over and over.

Gotta love GTA, they should release san andreas II. now that would make some money

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

While I didn't have as much fun with IV as I did with San Andreas and the previous ones, I did actually get into the story of IV and actually enjoyed doing the missions which I wasn't fond of doing in the previous titles. The cheat codes were definitely much more epic in the previous titles though, no argument there.

To this day, I still miss the planes and jet packs from San Andreas...hoping they bring those back in the next GTA game.

4. shawn

shawn
    Expand Collapse

San Andreas and Vice City were my fav. GTA III was also good... the newest one is cool but I just don't get into it as much. I wonder if they have anymore planned soon?

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Surprisingly, a new one wasn't announced this year but I'm pretty sure Rockstar is working on one. It probably won't be released until 2011 or 2012 though.

However, it's possible that they might release more DLC for IV as the first 2 releases were a success and were even turned into a standalone game.

6. ps3syndrome

ps3syndrome
    Expand Collapse

i hope they come out with a new one soon. San Andreas was by far the best and I'm hoping the next one is similar in gameplay. I'm not the biggest fan of IV. Of course Red Dead Redemption has been a pretty good distraction from rockstar until they finally release a new GTA game.

7. Specktren

Specktren
    Expand Collapse
    I make messes :x
    Heroic

I heard somewhere along the lines of a zombie style GTA game? I will have to check my sources but - if that is the case I will be most pleased.

8. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Best GTA game BY FAR is 2; hell top-down GTA's a superior to the 3D ones IMHO. Out of the later ones though, I prefer Vice City, then III then SA. Hates IV though because of how realistic it's become :(

9. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

@ Specktren, right now the closest thing to that on the console would probably be that zombie DLC for Read Dead Redemption. There are a couple of sandbox zombie games on the PC though, but I've heard they're not too great such as Fort Zombie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkzVSucG5kY

10. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

My favorite was San Andreas, but after playing IV I can't go back to SA. I also really like the story in IV and the two DLC's - The lost and damned & The ballad of gay tony... I find the story about Niko Bellic rather depressing towards the end, he sure has a traumatic life lol.

11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I loved Vice City, its was just so much crazier than the others. Best radio stations by far as well.

12. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I love the radio stations. The TV is pretty funny on IV, but not enough content I've seen it all lol.

13. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The top-down ones didn't take long for me to get used to seeing as they were new at the time, plus there was more to do in those games than in normal non-RPG games of the 90's. As for the 3D transition, same thing applies. Part of the reason why I hated IV was it's wasn't as fun as the other games were when it comes to pointless-shit to do. I loved invading the military bases in each game rob the tank/choppers and wreak havoc. I also liked the occasional flying sessions with the choppers and planes in SA which kept me occupied for a good couple of minutes; all in a unrealistic depicted world. IV however moved to a more realism feel; not just in story, but the detailed location of New York but in the NPC's, traffic, toll-booths etc etc. The movement felt a tad bit heavy when walking, though I though the driving mechanics and feel was ace. It's not as fun going around and killing people and blowing shit up (there's no, to my knowledge anyway, tanks or military bases though correct me if I'm wrong).... then again I guess that's why the online MP is there =/

I think if Rockstar continues GTA games like this, it'd be safe to say that the franchise is over for me at SA. Not fussed tbh, there are some great GTA games that proceeded IV.

On the other hand, I shift my GTA needs to other games like recently Just Cause 2.... which doesn't really have a story so all you ARE doing is mindless stuff.

14. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Just Cause is epic, same with Saints Row 2.

15. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Oh yeah, that's another game. I remember stating long back that Saints Row 2 is better than GTA IV was well, BECAUSE it's what GTA used to be. I don't mind a change.... but if that change results in changing the formula of the gameplay then I don't want it.

Driver's the same: remember the old-school ones? Classic. Even 2 where you could get out of the car (which looked whack) was decent. 3 was a pile of turd and PL made up for that but still... felt more like a GTA clone. This new, remake is just sounding terrible; you're in a coma and you can 'jump brains' from one drive to another, to say avoid a crash...... WTF?!? =/

16. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ah I did love driver. The first game I ever played where you could walk around & get into new cars was Driver 2 oh and the old birds eye view GTA's... I've never gotten into Driv3r though, I think I played it once on an Xbox and was like meh wheres San Andreas lol.

17. -i pwn n00bs-

-i pwn n00bs-
    Expand Collapse

I reckon GTA is racist. Only the black guys can swim.

18. Brit89

Brit89
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

:O I thought Nikko Bellic could as well :p

19. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

And the 2 guys out of LTAD and TBOGT.

20. Ahmedgamer

Ahmedgamer