Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Goosebumps Movie

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by GaMeR, Jul 8, 2015.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Looks like Sony has been trying to bank on nostalgia recently with the Pixels movie and now this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s

The Pixels movie at least seemed to be a better homage despite some cheesiness from what the trailer conveyed. This movie seems like it will only appeal to the kids of this generation and not something as amusing for the nostalgic Goosebumps crowd. They didn't even have the classic theme song in there...

2. Paecmaker

Paecmaker
    Expand Collapse

First I thought the title meant movies that gave you goosebumps :p

3. Mrcooldude10

Mrcooldude10
    Expand Collapse

In all honesty, all of R.L. Steins TV series/movies have this type of extreme cheesiness within. just go watch the original show or any of the Netflix movies to see what I mean. When I saw this I thought the same thing as you but then I actually went back and watched the original stuff and... yeah.

I will say however that the absence of the theme song did seem odd to me as well.

Bladex2 likes this.
  4. DatDude

DatDude
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe the theme song is gone as well...that was what always creeped me out.

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

So I finally saw this like a month ago while on a flight, it wasn't as bad as I thought but certainly glad I didn't spend $ on it to see in a theater :p

6. Twisted

Twisted
    Expand Collapse

I never got into this as a child. Tales From The Crypt is a different story, I wish they had the regular seasons on bluray.