Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Games that everyone thinks are awesome, but you think are average at best.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DeathNoteL, Aug 19, 2009.

1. DeathNoteL

DeathNoteL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Basically what the title says;

For me it would have to be at the top of the list Resident Evil 4, followed by Final Fantasy 7.

Then the entire Halo games, serously wtf?

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Halo 3 & 1 were overrated, 2 was awesome IMO.

Also, while I liked the Zelda games for the N64 they weren't all that...

3. Ye New Noob

Ye New Noob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

All Halo series . As said before they are way to over-rated , and for me its just horrible.

4. Flak

Flak
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Halo, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Resident Evil franchise, Final Fantasy franchise. Ok, I think we got the shock value over with. Time to move on with the thread.

5. ShatnerOnAStick

ShatnerOnAStick
    Expand Collapse

Call of Duty 4. I see it for the generic shooter it is, but alot of other people seem to think it's the best FPS ever. It didn't add anything new to the genre, and it's very noob-friendly so I don't see what's so great about it.

6. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I guess Halo a little bit, I still enjoy it...

Killzone I find terrible, never liked it, and even what I've played of Killzone 2 I didn't like...

MGS4... WAAAY overrated in my books...

Resident Evil Series, don't care much for 'em, don't really enjoy 'em, etc, etc..

Later Tony Hawks games... seriously, who gives a flying fuck about some pathetic storyline in a skating game, the skating itself ain't so bad, but still gets old IMO..

Sports games (i.e. NHL, FIFA, etc), seriously... Feels like I'm controlling a brick on a unicycle...

Probably more....

7. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

MGS and splinter cell(stealth aint my style) a along with any final fanasty.

8. DeathNoteL

DeathNoteL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

hmm I thought the single player was quite solid for a COD game, however the mutiplayer, I didn't really find it all that perhaps, as you said its too generic, plus I though CS 1.6 had better muti.

9. Playing Mantis

Playing Mantis
    Expand Collapse

Dead Rising. That game is balls.

Opposite to the grain of this thread...Bionic Commando was slammed, but it's actually a really good game. Not quite great, but it was good IMO, and I'm pretty critical when it comes to games.

Would have been nice if they would have implemented some sort of hacking mini-game (like in Rearmed), would have pushed it into greatness territory.

10. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

FF7
    Legend of Zelda: OoT & MM
    Halo 1 & 3
    Assassin's Creed
    Resident Evil 5
    Any MMORPG

As for your MGS and RE comments, I hope you all played them when they first came out, they were the best zombie games OF THAT TIME, but looking back they suck now.

MGS4 I haven't played and I haven't heard to much about it, as for the game series itself, one the best damn series Konami made, if not the best.

"IMO"

11. Aryon

Aryon
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

MGS and MGS2 were fine for me... Haven't played the 3rd one so wouldn't know, but MGS4 sucked gnads imo..

12. DeathNoteL

DeathNoteL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I've played all of the RE games, I love them all apart from 4 & 5, I have no hopes for the series now, I hate 4 to death, hate hate hate it!

Mgs I loved 1 and 2, 3 I couldn't really take too, haven't played 4.

and wtf dude Majora's mask? thats like underrated as hell.

13. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

First of all, Halo.
    The game's basic is nice to be honest, but I think that people are giving it WAY too much credit!

Secondly, Gears Of War.
    It's a pretty cool game, and the co-op is awesome as well, but seriously people talk about the game like it's a God or something. I don't think it's THAT great, and I didn't think it needed a sequel either.

Thirdly, Street Fighter IV.
    The commands are kinda heavy, you don't have a really wide variety of combos or special moves. I mean the graphics are improved that's a good step, but don't forget the boss "Seth", he'll make ANYONE cry!
    My opinion, it's nice to have an old classes in new generation graphics, but basically it's STILL THE SAME GAME! Again, People are giving it too much credit!

And finally, GTA IV.
    Do people know what a score of 10/10 means? let me explain a bit:
    a game that gets 9.5/10, is a game too good to be played! it should be put in a frame and hung on your wall, everyday you'd wake up in the morning, and no matter what your mood is, just seeing it brightens up the whole world and makes you live happily and positively.

10/10, how do I explain this? It's like, it can turn a tea-party granny into a hard-core gamer! There is just NO WAY a game can get a perfect score!

People talk about how the graphics are so awesome, and that there are no glitches and all. I've seen WAY better graphics, and witnessed many glitches. There will always be something wrong in a game, no matter how you look at it.

Well, that's it for now I guess =P

14. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I am going to add FFXII, it got a 9.something and that is unbelievable, that game kinda sucks because of its gameplay but the story is very nice.

Some games just don't deserve higher than a 8, but I don't trust game ratings anymore after I saw //GU get a 6.0, A FREAKIN 6?!

/ragequit

15. DeathNoteL

DeathNoteL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Im gonna add Bioshock, Not that i hate it, or think its a bad game I just think it gets way to much praise, for an "alright" shooter.

16. Shatpanski

Shatpanski
    Expand Collapse
    Heroic

I am so glad to hear you guys say this... I think Halo is a great multiplayer experience, but even with Halo 3 the single player game, enemies, voice acting, etc. Are nowhere near on par with a game like Call of Duty or Mass Effect. And yet Halo is worshipped as the defining title for the xbox. I feel that this is because the console world had no idea what a 3d shooter was, on a large scale (yes I realize games like 007 and PD predate Halo), before Halo and so they just latched on like there was no tomorrow.

17. DeathNoteL

DeathNoteL
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Honest opinion on what I find Halo to be:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/5/55/HaloMyFirstFPS.jpg/

The single player is fail, esspecailly the level design and the multplayer takes no skill and is all down to luck and who can get the most powerful weapon first.

18. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I almost refuted a couple fo those but then I read a thread on another forum about whether Growling lyrics in metal songs counts as real singing and decided I didnt want to start anything like that shit here.

DAmn I wish I had XBL so I didnt have to read all that drama.