Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Gamecube Vs. Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Darkhell153, May 17, 2011.

1. Darkhell153

Darkhell153
    Expand Collapse

So head to head adding up everything together which would be your pick, a Wii as it is or a Gamecube with all the games in the wii (except where obviously impossible)?

I don't know why but I would've liked to play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on my gamecube (instead I played it on my friend's wii...for some reason the controls just irritated me). Why I made this :p

2. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

It seems you're referring to the Wii's motion controls vs. the traditional GameCube controls in games.

If so, it really depends on the game. New Super Mario Bros. for instance works great with the Wii remote IMO whereas Brawl is much better with the GameCube controller. I actually like the concept of motion controls so perhaps to me doing certain gestures isn't as annoying as it appears to be for others as several people seem to be put off by the idea of having to use the remote as a flashlight for instance or aiming with one versus using the analog stick.

3. mattmatt386

mattmatt386
    Expand Collapse

well considering that u can play gamecube games on the wii the wii is better but if your talking about controls then i have to go with gamecube

4. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I prefer the gamecube's control scheme. I really do like the Wii, but the classic layout of the gamecube just appeals to me more.

5. RabbitHats

RabbitHats
    Expand Collapse

Wii sucks. It's got a few gimmicky games, and slightly improved graphics, but the game catalog and game quality of titles for gamecube is far, far superior to Wii. Wii's "anybody can play" ideals are noble, but gave the finger to hardcore gamers everywhere. The wii-mote is trash, to boot.

6. marycorbitt

marycorbitt
    Expand Collapse

I'd go for gamecube. I tried it over a friends house and it is way better than my wii.

7. cwhitrun23

cwhitrun23
    Expand Collapse

They Wii is a better console for gaming with family, where the gamecube is definitely better for gaming with friends.

8. 4realg4mer

4realg4mer
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna have to go with the Gamecube on this one. I actually don't like either of the control schemes but, I just can't get into the whole motion control fad like others can. Whenever it's implemented like the Kinect, where you just use your hands and voice to control the menu, I like it fine. But I hate playing actual games with nothing but motion control. It just irritates me somehow.

9. Rayman200

Rayman200
    Expand Collapse

The Wii Control Are Betrer in My Opinion.

10. tbofram

tbofram
    Expand Collapse

hmmm i want to say game-cube but teh wii can play game cube games anyway so i would go with wii

11. pulsar91

pulsar91
    Expand Collapse

GameCubes nearly dead. I guess Wii takes the center stage.

12. USB

USB
    Expand Collapse

I like gamecube XD nothin like it lol

13. Rayman200

Rayman200
    Expand Collapse

Wii has better controls
    And i will go along with it like this.
    3 reason Wii controls are better.

1.It uses the gamecube controller

2.It uses the Wii remote

3.It uses the classic controller

that's 2 times compared to what gamecube had

(Gamecube controller and Gameboy advance possibilities

14. densho

densho
    Expand Collapse

I like Wii most, not to talk about the fact that you can use GameCube controlers too for playing GameCube games

15. Gr0nky

Gr0nky
    Expand Collapse

Gamecube all the way. Anybody remember the Metroid Prime series? First two on the GC, third on the Wii, then all three released in a pack for Wii. Where is the love for getting MP3 on the Gamecube where it belongs, huh? Huh? HUH? I tend to rant and rave... got me banned from Metroid2002 forums. But anyway, whats the real question here? Anything Nintendo can do Nintendo can do better. Wast is das? You can't play GBA and GB games on the Wii... or can you. Sure its fun to make merry with the Nunchuck, but if you want some serious gaming chops you gotta get with the blue block.

16. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Speaking of backwards compatibility, I have to give credit to Nintendo for being the only major home console out of its generation to maintain relatively full backwards compatibility as the 360 and PS3 are lacking in that department. However, with that said, wouldn't the GBA adapters etc. work on the Wii as well?

I'm unfamiliar with them...same with the SNES adapter to play Pokemon on the big screen :p