Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

f.lux

Discussion in 'Technology' started by GaMeR, Nov 14, 2014.

1. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

I had heard about this software before but never bothered with it until recently. I finally decided to install it and although it's too soon to see significant results, I did find that it at least is helpful in keeping track of time as basically it adjusts the color temperature settings of your screen in relation to the time of day to make it easier on your eyes.

If you're on the computer a lot and have issues with eye strain, I'd recommend giving it a shot: https://justgetflux.com/

It's free and also works on Linux,Mac, and even iOS.

2. dMZ

dMZ
    Expand Collapse

Its a good program, basically does the same job GUNNARS would do for your eyes. I should really re-install. Well worth it for people who play a lot of video games too as the more you concentrate on the screen the more beneficial this program will be for you.

3. Twisted

Twisted
    Expand Collapse

A friend of mine once mentioned something like this but I forgot about it...going to look into it again as I've been using the computer a lot at night lately.

4. LongeCrK

LongeCrK
    Expand Collapse

I'm using it as we speak :) It took me a long time to adjust my eyes (and become patient enough to respond to questions such as: Why is your screen so pinkish? Is there something wrong with your monitor?), but after a few weeks, I can barely see it, unless comparing to another screen. Would definitely recommend the app to anyone who tends to work late, or is a writer :)

5. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Yeah I don't really notice now either unless I'm looking at another monitor like you said.

Although likewise, the "time tracking feature" is less effective now that I've become more accustomed to it so I don't notice the shifts as much. I haven't installed it on my phone yet but don't really plan on it as I don't heavily use my phone for reading and such.

6. ReVoLuTioN

ReVoLuTioN
    Expand Collapse

No eye strain Warm feeling 10/10

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg
    Expand Collapse

Going to try this. Hoping it works.

8. ZackKoutaRoxas

ZackKoutaRoxas
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Testing this now. I have quick adjustment options on my monitor that I use accordingly, but let's see if this works even better.