Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Cool band...

Discussion in 'Other Entertainment' started by SnakeTheFox, Aug 31, 2007.

1. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

just found 'em whilst listening to some Tool.

The two songs they have up sound very Tool-ish. They're new (Only about 90 friends, 600 something profile views), but I like what I hear.

If you like Tool, these guys sound pretty good;

The Last Eclipse
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=215833648

2. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ah, Tool aren't that great and neither is that band but all to their own.

But if you want to know of a good band, then go listen to some Bullet For My Valentine or Enter Shikari.

3. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

No offense to you either, but I don't listen to teenage angst pumped QQ'ing emo rock. Tool is original. All of these emo bands "claim" originality, and non conformism but honestly, when you've heard the same song 10 times on the radio, and then learn that those are actual 3 DIFFERENT songs, your band needs to get its act together. Maybe, when punk was around, it was original and new. Now everyone listens to it. Its horrible. I'm in fear for the music industry nowadays. Everything is the same ole' sound, everything talks about the same issues, stuff is even starting to SOUND exactly the same (I was listening {Unwillingly} to some Puddle of Mud song on the radio, and could of sworn it was Crossfade). Music in these days no longer retains originality.

No offense meant, but don't hand me bands everyone has heard before. I listen to things that not many people listen to, as a matter of fact Tool is probably the most advertised out of everything I like. I don't listen to omega-death-metal either. Music full of hate has no substance. I hate a lot of things, but listening to other people whine about their nonsensical problems hardly help my own. Everyone has heard of these bands, Which normally means everyone has heard one or two of their songs, which means if I didn't SAY I like them, I don't.

Emo/Death Metal are shit genres. The music has no substance, the message is either that of depression, or hate, and is always blended with teenage angst. I have all 3, but I don't care to hear other people bitch and moan about how there life is "So horrible" when they're raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. I'll quote a comedian I forgot the name of "Money doesn't buy happiness... but it buys a wave-runner, now try frowning on a wave-runner". I'll get that out of the way before talking about money is used against me, I mean honestly, the only people who say money can't buy happiness are the people who have more money than anyone.

Again, just my opinion.

4. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

Rap has gone downhill as well, I think techno is probably the only thing that will survive.

The 90s still had some good stuff in all music genres, the 2000s is like eh...

Some examples: Metallica, Slipknot & System of a Down's old stuff > their latest album.

5. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Slipknot & System of a down are awesome as! SOAD has some good points in there songs, and I just like Slipknot for misc. reasons.

Rap is dead.

Techno & Metal shall survive.

Now that we've got 2Pac out of the way we should get that Justin Timberlake guy, and start working on getting rid of Pop and the etcs. Lol.

----
    To SnakeTheFox...
    Death Metal usually has something hateful in it, the name of the genre would influence this, and Emo is not really a genre, people say Good Charlotte are 'emo genre' but they are actually Pop Rock, and alot of people say My Chemical Romance is emo when they are actually Alternative Rock, some good Rock or Metal bands make some soppy 'depressing' music, like I know a band that seems to have atleast 1 emotional song in an album, but a bit of this "Emo" is good here and there, I don't listen to it because I am depressed or anything, its just the taste that certain people (not me) have.

I like Heavy Metal & Some Black/Death Metal, but for reasons in taste, not my emotions.

6. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

System of a Down is ok now, they have a couple of good songs, but nothing as great as their Toxicity album, or Steal This Album.

Chopsuey, Aerials, Psycho, and Sugar are still better than their modern tracks. However, your right about the points they are making in some of their songs. The music videos are pretty decent as well. But still, I feel they could have done better.

Disturbed is another one that went downhill, the only "new" song I like from them is Land of Confusion, the music video has a good animation. But they didn't even create that song, the original one is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PM0elnRU0[/youtube]
    Which is not that great, but still they did create the song. lol that video is a bit weird though.

New one by Disturbed:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KW8DRSvEoQ[/youtube]

7. It Made Me

It Made Me
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I have so many CD's with Disturbed on them, even though I don't really like them... its kinda weird.

8. Dizzy!

Dizzy!
    Expand Collapse

DJ Tiesto & Armin van Buuren FTW!

Dutch trance is somehow, the best in the world.

9. SnakeTheFox

SnakeTheFox
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Ukraine ANYTHING > All

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awVHDMDAu0A[/youtube]

Verka Serduchka - Danzing

10. Wizard

Wizard
    Expand Collapse

pretty cool pretty cool! you guys should here the Agony Scene