Welcome to our gaming community!

Become part of our friendly community and meet gamers/geeks from across the globe.

JOIN

Alienware always dominate?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by DatDude, Jan 29, 2015.

1. DatDude

DatDude
    Expand Collapse

I don't enjoy messing around with technical stuff on computers too much so I have never been really pasionate about pc gaming. But several of my friends are into it and have some nice setups.

For desktops from what they tell me is that the best route is to build it yourself to get a better deal as while Alienware is nice out of the box, they tend to be expensive. However for laptops it looks like Alienware is a more practical option as there isn't a good alternative if you want a good laptop to play games.

It seems to have been this way for years and I don't see any significant competition for them now either although I have been impressed with the performance of some non-Alienwares that some friends have but those machines were the higher priced ones ($1,000+) from other brands so it was expected. Do you think Alienware will continue to dominate in the future as well?

I was talking to a friend about this and his thoughts were that they won't be a major player soon as Dell isn't focused enough on it and someone like steam will probably beat them.

I disagree as Dell still manages to keep its reputation high but am open to being wrong as in tech, anything can happen, I still remember pimping out my MySpace profile LOL.

2. RTFU Kamikaze

RTFU Kamikaze
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting a bit of spare cash soon, so I was looking at getting a decent gaming laptop. I was tilting towards an Alienware one but I'm sure I could be persuaded!

What other good brands are their?

3. GaMeR

GaMeR
    Expand Collapse
    Leader
    Staff Member Leader

While Dell is still a significant player, I think Steam or even Razer will be able to surpass the Alienware brand with time unless Dell pumps more adequate attention into their gaming division. Steam in particular has the advantage that it already has an enormous fanbase which in itself gives it a huge marketing advantage. They also have access to key data from their fanbase which I imagine can be used to enhance the hardware development.